Whiteface Conditions

Who skis Hoyt’s High and or Lookout Below? How do they compare to other diamonds at Whiteface? I have never skied either of them.

4:45 AM in Wilmington and there’s maybe 2” of snow stuck to my jeep. I am afraid we may be getting skunked here at Whiteface. Unlikely to see a major pow day at opening today.

Who skis Hoyt’s High and or Lookout Below? How do they compare to other diamonds at Whiteface? I have never skied either of them.
Lookout below is tough relative to other black runs at WF. A lot of that has to do with the fact that conditions on the run are rarely good. But even in good shape, I would say it's trickier than most other blacks.

Hoyt's is much more gentle and would probably be a "double blue" in some resorts out west. Like LB it has a double fall line but it isn't nearly as steep.

4:45 AM in Wilmington and there’s maybe 2” of snow stuck to my jeep. I am afraid we may be getting skunked here at Whiteface. Unlikely to see a major pow day at opening today.
I woke up then and thought the same thing but we have about 5 inches of new snow here in Wilmington now. The mountain is claiming 10 inches of new snow already and it's still coming down pretty heavy.

I woke up then and thought the same thing but we have about 5 inches of new snow here in Wilmington now. The mountain is claiming 10 inches of new snow already and it's still coming down pretty heavy.
Yeah ankle deep snow here in Wilmington. More coming down.

Lookout below is tough relative to other black runs at WF. A lot of that has to do with the fact that conditions on the run are rarely good. But even in good shape, I would say it's trickier than most other blacks.

Hoyt's is much more gentle and would probably be a "double blue" in some resorts out west. Like LB it has a double fall line but it isn't nearly as steep.
Thank you!

Conditions were awful today. What terrible skiing. I didn't have any fun at all.

I especially hated Skyward and Cloudspin this morning, Makenzie was also no fun. And don't get me started on the glades...
If this is that game where you spot the truth amongst the lies I think you speak the truth about upper mackenzie. That sucked.

Back