Whiteface Conditions

Jersey yes but flag...what flag? I don’t think so...whatcha mean?
I talked to a guy from Jersey on the lift who forgot his Avy gear… you are saying the same things he was. His parents have a place in Lake Placid. Was that you?

Yes. How can they tell if you don't know one another?
I straight-up asked ski patrol if I could just wait for another party and they were fine with it. Then I just followed up the first group that came along. So yeah, if they're open and you have avy gear, it doesn't seem like a real issue.

When I say, follow up, I mean it too. When I skied the Slides in the past it was straight out looker's right off of the top of summit. Today they had us boot packing straight up enough to break a sweat before traversing over to Slide 1.

Last edited:
My first time in the Slides I was in line and someone said to a patroller “I’ve never been in before, where should I go?”

The patroller loudly repeated “you’ve never been in the slides before?” Then said “The slides are only open for people who have experience in the slides. Please exit the line. Anyone who has never been before please exit the line as well” I first thought he was joking but he wasn’t.

I kept my mouth shut as did my newfound partner I had just met in line. It was awesome.

Hope everyone that was able to get over there had a good time!

Attachments

• 1DFFC0E4-9C2E-48C0-B74E-EFA786031003.jpeg
    1DFFC0E4-9C2E-48C0-B74E-EFA786031003.jpeg
    380.9 KB · Views: 91
I talked to a guy from Jersey on the lift who forgot his Avy gear… you are saying the same things he was. His parents have a place in Lake Placid. Was that you?
Hmm sounds like me but I really don’t recall this convo lol maybe I’m losing it...

I heard they reworked the entrance so you bootpack up and then traverse over. Does that get you in any higher than the old setup?

Back