Where are the flying cars?

Heh
It’s actually nice to know that the old action movie trope isn’t as unrealistic as we always assumed- would have been better if they landed it. Hope they’re ok.

Having rolled at car at 25-30 mph... I can't even imagine the flashbacks from that crash.

Living through that is a testament to auto safety advances over the decades.

Does it fly? I couldn't tell.

I would think electric cars would have a huge advantage over electric planes. The reason fossils fuels power (almost) everything is because power to weight ratio for gas is much higher than it is for batteries.

Does it fly? I couldn't tell.

I would think electric cars would have a huge advantage over electric planes. The reason fossils fuels power (almost) everything is because power to weight ratio for gas is much higher than it is for batteries.

Agree, the battery weight has to reduce the range considerably. The picture appears it’s got helicopter like blades under a screen?

I’ve seen other prototypes that have a wing that rotates with motors , so some lift is generated by forward motion . This seems to rely on the motors alone for lifting.

Does one need a license to “fly “ it? Is it autonomous. I’ve had bad Gps encounters on the roads where the my directions conflict with reality.

Scary thought. I imagine being stuck in traffic and the car in front of me lifts off and flies away. Then a few more and after colliding with “wires” or other flying cars come crashing down.
I’ll pass on this concept.

Back