Ukraine Invasion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t simply dislike it. I think it’s making us incredibly stupid.
Ok. Totally fair. That is partisan politics, largely due to our 2party duopoly. (Obviously that’s my opinion).

You should google “identity politics”. It is more nuanced and involves building a political ideology around a specific part of your identity. Not so directly party based.

Yes, we’re all just giving opinions, but you don’t like mine, specifically

holy shit, putting this type of disclaimer doesn’t make you a more discerning News consumer:

It’s just saying “Hey, I don’t bother to investigate anything before I post it, so this could be propaganda or not! Who the fuck knows?!”
I don’t randomly post weird stories from our biased, corporate controlled media and say, well this is true. I don’t do that. You do. I may present something without saying anything pursuasive (which you totally are) fishing for people to agree with my bias.

I feel as thought I've done a good job staying away from politics ever since the ban came down, and I'm thankful it did.
I use GPS nowAdays anyway ;)
We are talking geopolitics and authoritarian regimes vs democracy. It’s hard to leave politics out if you want any context or color commentary. You just want the play by play?

Reactions: MC2
I’d love to see your road map on this one camp.
The road map is: talk about the future, not the present or past. But this is, without a doubt, political:
I’m watching Biden right now live addressing the attack on Ukraine and my god it’s scary having this guy as a president. It’s extremely obvious that he’s struggling.
And if you don’t think it is, that’s bias

The road map is: talk about the future, not the present or past. But this is, without a doubt, political:

And if you don’t think it is, that’s bias
Dude. That is complete bullshit.

You are such a gaslighter.

Honestly, I can’t figure out who is more scary having as a president, this guy or the last guy?

You need to brush up on what critical thinking is Matt.

Dude. That is complete bullshit.
How? If I say “Trump is a corrupt autocrat, hellbent on helping Putin achieve his global ambitions”, you would (correctly) identify that as political. Why is saying “Biden is struggling and it’s scary that this guy is president” not political?

How? If I say “Trump is a corrupt autocrat, hellbent on helping Putin achieve his global ambitions”, you would (correctly) identify that as political. Why is saying “Biden is struggling and it’s scary that this guy is president” not political?
You don’t know that. That’s an assumption and a pretty big reach.

Watching Biden and saying that he’s struggling is my opinion on watching the guy right now.

I’m done. I won’t talk to you anymore about this. It’s dumb and I feel dumb for continuing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back