Total Solar Eclipse coming to NY: April 8, 2024

Capitalism at it's finest....
Something tells me he hasn't had a date in years.
Took a 3 hr night Business Law class at Ole Miss taught by a popular Law School prof. cause ya could take classes for free if you were on the staff.

Stuff about offer & acceptance along with reasonableness were what I remember.
The lady who sat next to me sipped her wine with a straw from a decoy paper cup & folks had a midway safety break...twas just in preparation for going to the square later that night.

Last edited:
The most favorable recent weather forecasts are for Maine. Maine ski areas are also handling the eclipse in a more skier friendly manner. I just got an e-mail from Saddleback with this link to their detail plan. Skiers will be allowed on top of the mountain and to ski down. Lifts will be closed only from 3:00-3:45PM. This is how I said back in November that ski areas should handle the eclipse. This page on Sugarloaf's website also says skiers may view from the summit or a mid-mountain lodge and ski down afterwards. Just to anticipate questions, Sunday River is not in totality.

Stowe is also halting lift operations only from 3:00-3:45.

Against TonyC's recommendation, we are going for the edge. Just inside by about 3km.
That’s better than some burbs in The Cuse.
Just when ya think yer in, they pull ya back out...

Last edited:
The most favorable recent weather forecasts are for Maine. Maine ski areas are also handling the eclipse in a more skier friendly manner. I just got an e-mail from Saddleback with this link to their detail plan. Skiers will be allowed on top of the mountain and to ski down. Lifts will be closed only from 3:00-3:45PM. This is how I said back in November that ski areas should handle the eclipse. This page on Sugarloaf's website also says skiers may view from the summit or a mid-mountain lodge and ski down afterwards. Just to anticipate questions, Sunday River is not in totality.

Stowe is also halting lift operations only from 3:00-3:45.
Smart. People in Maine are thinking, not gouging.

I'm trying to remember what direction you're looking out on when at Saddleback. If that big valley is west, nice.

The hiking trails in the NE mountains are fragile this time of year.
Hope folks don’t get stuck in the slog...and/or beat up the trails & woods.
"Please avoid alpine zones as they are most vulnerable during March-May without
significant snowpack. They are home to fragile alpine vegetation that cannot endure trampling from foot traffic."

Back