Total Solar Eclipse coming to NY: April 8, 2024

Tell him it's going to be darker for about four minutes.

Jezuz, it's like the second coming or something.
He said when he chases twisters in the plains the traffic sometimes gets be a shitshow cause of all the folks trying to zoom around looking for a touchdown.

There’s a lot more folks within driving distances of possible clear skies on the 8th Monday around 3:30 in The UpState.

He said when he chases twisters in the plains the traffic sometimes gets be a shitshow cause of all the folks trying to zoom around looking for a touchdown.

There’s a lot more folks within driving distances of possible clear skies on the 8th Monday around 3:30 in The UpState.
C'mon man. It takes a special kind of dumb to chase tornadoes. It's not everyday people. They're basically, nuts.

That said, I wish I had the cajones and money to do what this guy does. And he does it with a view camera.

Preliminary cloud cover forecast:
This is very favorable, and there is also a rationale for it, an Omega Block. 8 days out is too early to be counting your chickens, BUT……

Some of New Yorkers' inertia on this subject is surely related to the overall bad April climatology. People don't want to put in the effort if it's not likely they will see much.

But now,
getyourasstototalitysticker-png.png

Cartographer Michael Zeiler sold a lot of these stickers in 2017. I pasted a few of them in various locations. In 2017 it had been 38 years since the last one in the continental US and at that time there was a guesstimate that no more than one million Americans had ever seen a total solar eclipse. After 2017 that number is more like 15 million, so Zeiler probably thought stickers weren't necessary this time, as there would be much more word-of-mouth. Note that someone asked if I was the only one on the forum who had seen one and got an answer fairly fast from someone who was in Nebraska in 2017.

Ironically the preliminary forecasts for Texas are not good at all.

I just got home from 3 weeks of skiing in Utah and Colorado. I'm just now reading preliminary forecasts, haven't seen them for Mexico yet. We will have a car so we can drive over the mountains toward Durango if necessary. Plan A is the 8,800 foot high point of that road.

I see your point but at least Gore is nearer the path. That article says the World Trade Center is selling $94 tickets to watch from the observation deck.

Back