Total Solar Eclipse coming to NY: April 8, 2024

Late Thursday morning , my last day at school before Spring Break. I got an email saying an extra day was being to added to Spring break. We now have April 8th off
Called my sister in law, she is a non skier , she got two tickets for the Gondi for the Eclipse. She was going to watch from Schroon but I changed her mind.I am gonna watch the Eclipse from the Mid Lodge.
Never would have taken off a work day to see the Eclipse, but since I have it off now and I will be skiing Gore Sunday. It just seems to work out right.
I know I am not gonna go home thru Keene Valley and down 87. Gonna be a Parking Lot.

Late Thursday morning , my last day at school before Spring Break. I got an email saying an extra day was being to added to Spring break. We now have April 8th off
Called my sister in law, she is a non skier , she got two tickets for the Gondi for the Eclipse. She was going to watch from Schroon but I changed her mind.I am gonna watch the Eclipse from the Mid Lodge.
Never would have taken off a work day to see the Eclipse, but since I have it off now and I will be skiing Gore Sunday. It just seems to work out right.
Gotta love it when an unplanned plan comes together.
Hope it’s not too cloudy during totality for y’all.
I know I am not gonna go home thru Keene Valley and down 87. Gonna be a Parking Lot.
Good luck with traffic going home. Oswego County cancelled 08AAPR24 bus service except for dialysis folks.

I was in Denver for the last eclipse. I drove east to Nebraska to see it instead of north to Jackson Hole because I had no chance to make up lost time in traffic, There were no traffic problems in Nebraska and I don't remember any reports of traffic anywhere else. I think all the NYSDOT stuff is just the governor looking for attention.

It's definitely worth driving a few hours to see. I'm waiting to see what the weather will be. Your best bet might be offshore on Lake Ontario or Lake Champlain. I think the west side of Appalachian Gap is another good spot but you might get stuck in Bristol. Jay Peak could be the best but the tram os sold out. Riding the Whiteface gondola might be good. ORDA should be ashamed about what they are doing at Gore.

mm

I was in Denver for the last eclipse. I drove east to Nebraska to see it instead of north to Jackson Hole because I had no chance to make up lost time in traffic, There were no traffic problems in Nebraska and I don't remember any reports of traffic anywhere else. I think all the NYSDOT stuff is just the governor looking for attention.
A lot more people live within a few hours drive of the upcoming eclipse than the last one.

I've read of traffic jams in the middle of nowhere in the last few decades because of an eclipse more than once. What I remember were the stories out in open farmland where farmers had offered camping space. The number of people was relatively small, but the roads and local infrastructure couldn't handle a crowd.

I don't know about traffic. School/work day.

Woodstock was three days of peace and love and sex and drugs. This is four minutes.

MRon White's from Texas where UV light can be intense.
He went sunglass shopping awhile ago...F bomb warning.
Try wearing prescription glasses, and being asked to pay over 200 for friggin frames. They're molded plastic. And this is a health aide. Millions and millions have to wear glasses to see.

Back