Today’s Paddle

I've only been on a SUP once. I can’t say I got the hang of it but I can certainly see how it would improve balance and core strength. I still haven’t seen a shark. I guess I need to spend more time in the surf zone.
WTF is this

I researched and found a sweet board, it was catching waves way before I knew what the hell was going on, I would just go wherever the board went, after a couple summers I can now steer pretty well and it’s cool seeing the wave next to you , we do a lot of paddling on a lake working on maneuvers,

Got a quick paddle in today in the home waters (Piermont Marsh).

New to me tandem sit-on-top. We had big plans to take this and my other SOT up to North Lake to continue the monster hunt https://nyskiblog.com/alligator-snapping-turtle-in-ny/ but nobody got out of bed and DangerBoy wasn’t feeling it so…. We adjusted.

7F5A7486-EF99-4FD9-9CE3-2989F958E37E.jpeg

The kayak rental place near the classified- unofficial- locals only put-in
7C8B70F9-0301-4C53-9277-F9EDE32EE57B.jpeg

Lots to look at of course….

83FACC8F-C76D-4321-B2D9-9FEE7FD371FF.jpeg

We’ve paddled here a bunch so no surprises. It’s a nice spot.

C103D489-FB17-4D85-8DC3-38FB3CA06FFD.jpeg

The river was pretty calm today. I’m still hoping we can rename this thing. I have to admit they did a great job on it, except for the bike/ walking path, which needs to be twice as we’d as it is.

3765FEB1-C4A0-4B2D-9811-D4967EFBB613.jpeg

F2E5EB7E-4D88-41B5-953D-E0BA547CBE05.jpeg

There’s always a crowd on the pier, even when it’s cloudy.

3328C70E-2960-408F-8A19-9AC099CFDC88.jpeg

Nice little trip. We didn’t stay out long but got a decent workout.

Last edited:
Got a quick paddle in today in the home waters (Piermont Marsh).

New to me tandem sit-on-top. We had big plans to take this and my other SOT up to North Lake to continue the monster hunt https://nyskiblog.com/alligator-snapping-turtle-in-ny/ but nobody got out of bed and DangerBoy wasn’t feeling it so…. We adjusted.

View attachment 10258

The kayak rental place near the classified- unofficial- locals only put-in
View attachment 10259

Lots to look at of course….

View attachment 10260

We’ve paddled here a bunch so no surprises. It’s a nice spot.

View attachment 10261

The river was pretty calm today. I’m still hoping we can rename this thing. I have to admit they did a great job on it, except for the bike/ walking path, which needs to be twice as we’d as it is.

View attachment 10262
View attachment 10263

There’s always a crowd on the pier, even when it’s cloudy.

View attachment 10264

Nice little trip. We didn’t stay out long but got a decent workout.
Another nice piece Brown, sweet pictures, we used to windsurf up at north/south lake it really was a challenge with the wind swirls and being a small lake, made sailing at bigger places seem like a breeze, stay cool! Hope to see that monster turtle sometime, their looking for an alligator in Maryland, you never know what’s in the water these days

Another perfect day for SUP surfing, since it’s best when the water is like glass I am thinking that might be why I have spotted sharks while there, just like fishing it’s best to have calm water for you to see them and for them to see their prey, beautiful women Surfing in bikinis are fearless, I like a rash shirt as most rides end with a cool abandon ship kind of action , pic with rough seas was late yesterday to show the difference
683FC370-1503-49A3-A237-94137F34D3F3.jpeg

213C4501-5C59-455B-AD42-0A9D5E88F384.jpeg

Smooth day for SUP surfing, the “ cove” in the distance makes this spot sweet for regular foot surfers, the beach gives way and you get nice long runs. On a side note the beaches out past Jones beach are also good for SUP surfing with less crowds as the guy who designed the area built the over passes very low to the ground so city buses can’t make it out there, days like today anyone can hop on and catch a wave with the right board, I highly recommend for between ski seasons
2744E3D6-920A-4CD1-B662-5C0E5F04B924.jpeg

81838EC4-37AC-421A-8EBF-E4898E9132E8.jpeg

Another smooth day in the waves! standing up paddling back over the surf has really improved the ability to absorb and contract on uneven / unknown surfaces. and it’s half the fun, the views are sweet as well.

Tuesday was the smoothest out there, then damn bait fish again I knew it wasn’t a good sign, I saw a big damn grey blob, biggest thing I have seen while on the water, I thought great white, paddled to shore, got out pretty fast, another guy who had been on a larger SUP and had paddled out further ask what got me out of the water so fast, I said I think I saw another shark but this time it was bigger then me
he said he was out there earlier and said he saw a huge tuna, now in that moment I was thinking damn that’s cool that’s probably what I saw (bull shit who sees a fucking huge tuna closer to shore where I was, that guy was further out, so he continues to tell me the tuna was floating tail up dead with a huge chunk bitten out of it, I was like damn!!!! It’s a great sport tho and I am as ready as I have been for ski season since I won a “psychocross” race ( snowboarders and skiers combined going through a course with big air, etc, skiers could not use their poles, back in the day I taught snowboarding along with skiing since their wasn’t any snowboard instructors at Hunter, so I knew to be on ski’s and that no snowboarder could beat me down a boader/skier cross race course
227B604D-B36F-4FA2-9FD9-D52D95DCF319.jpeg

That photo is a beauty

Back