Today’s Paddle

On 7/23 I rented a canoe from cloud splitter outfitters and got to spend a nice afternoon on lake Harris and the Hudson. It was only $25 and everyone at cloud splitter were very pleasant.

tom

Not sure if there is an undeclared time limit for comments on the front page. I’m a little late to the party so I figured I’d post here. Loved reading about your paddle adventure in Cold Spring @Brownski. The Hudson River Fjord is one of the most scenic places in the country. Paddling is one of the best ways to see it. The power of the current and tide is incredible. I’m fortunate to live and work close by. I often work overlooking the river wishing I was out there. A hectic schedule has prevented me from enjoying it. Reading your story makes me realize how important it is to make time to get out there. Great to see you make the time to enjoy it with your son.

Last edited:
Thanks man- No time limits on comments. They are very much appreciated. There are a couple posts from years ago that continue to get comments - mainly my alligator snapping turtle story.

Not sure if there is an undeclared time limit for comments on the front page.
Comments ALWAYS valued on front page. (y)

64717C0C-A898-463B-997D-6582A0E978C6.jpeg
Today’s SUP surfing Delaware was very smooth with the more westerly winds on the back side of the hurricane helping to hold the waves up a little longer

another shark sighting Tuesday while out on the water I watched Thresher shark in action, I mentioned it to another guy who was surfing of course he didn’t believe it at 1st, then as if on cue a shark grabbed its meal while breaking the surface we had an amazing view!
a couple people on cheap inner tubes started to paddle frantically towards the shore
their was a kids group surfing lesson going on I was between the sharks and the surfers told them I was buffering them from the sharks, this was my 2nd shark sighting at an east coast beach this summer
strongly recommend
74A9E705-1856-4939-BFD8-ED09261E0658.jpeg
SUP surfing to stay in shape and be ready for skiing it’s amazing the similarities
regular surfers can’t handle the standing up and paddling back out thru the breakers it’s a blast and you are more over all balanced throughout your body SUP surfing then regular surfing where it’s all in your arms and shoulders

I've only been on a SUP once. I can’t say I got the hang of it but I can certainly see how it would improve balance and core strength. I still haven’t seen a shark. I guess I need to spend more time in the surf zone.

I've only been on a SUP once. I can’t say I got the hang of it but I can certainly see how it would improve balance and core strength. I still haven’t seen a shark. I guess I need to spend more time in the surf zone.
A guy who kitesurfs said he had seen 8 sharks so far this season (that was a month ago) he uses a foil and said he hit one and “ blew it up” his description (accidentally) and said he usually would have only seen about 2 by that time of the year, he obviously covers a lot more ground (water) I feel safer on a paddle board, fuck dangling on a surf board ?

Back