To Heat, or Not to Heat, That is the Question

Exceptions to everything
But driving around in your leased bmw m3 don’t impress me much.
Leasing is not an exception.
People who lease may want to have safe, reliable transportation that is only affordable through a new car lease, especially in the lower priced new car market. FYI - about 70% of new luxury cars are leased. That's an awful lot of people trying to impress you. ;)
Leasing vehicles and other equipment is a way of life for companies.

Leasing is not an exception.
People who lease may want to have safe, reliable transportation that is only affordable through a new car lease, especially in the lower priced new car market. FYI - about 70% of new luxury cars are leased. That's an awful lot of people trying to impress you. ;)
Leasing vehicles and other equipment is a way of life for companies.
Agree leasing is not an exception. Most new cars come with extended warranties and are much more reliable than in the past. My current car came with 100k mi. drivetrain warranty. The only thing I've done is put on tires and brakes and I'm over 100k miles. Again; Do the math. Even if you had to make some repairs to you vehicle you'd still generally come out ahead over leasing.
The difference is companies are leasing vehicles and equipment to make money and can write off the lease payments. Your average Joe can't write off the payments and isn't making money from the leased car and has zero $ or less when the lease is up.

Spot on we have a car account. Money goes into it every month. Every 5 yrs or so we buy a car
Brokerage account, traditional saving, high interest savings, your 4% CD's? Genuinely curious what types of accounts you have used/are currently using for this? As someone who racks up 20-30k miles on the odometer a year this seems like a no brainer. I've not yet broken out separate savings accounts for major purchases but had planned on doing it for a house fund, beyond house and car I'm not sure I have a need or interest for managing any other accounts. (Yes I do have SEP and Roth IRA and technically a "funny money" brokerage in addition to traditional savings).

This much I understand however savings is not the purpose of that account, technically I do have a secondary unfunded brokerage account that is with the same company that my SEP and Roth are under. More curious if this account which is intended for shorter term purchases like a car is allocated into an index fund of some sort CD, or some other type of savings account all together.

Agree leasing is not an exception. Most new cars come with extended warranties and are much more reliable than in the past. My current car came with 100k mi. drivetrain warranty. The only thing I've done is put on tires and brakes and I'm over 100k miles. Again; Do the math. Even if you had to make some repairs to you vehicle you'd still generally come out ahead over leasing.
The difference is companies are leasing vehicles and equipment to make money and can write off the lease payments. Your average Joe can't write off the payments and isn't making money from the leased car and has zero $ or less when the lease is up.
I've done the math for years. How many sets of tires, brakes, rotors have you put on? Air filters, cabin filters, CEL on, brake light bulb, plate light bulb, headlight bulb, calipers, wipers, etc etc? It all adds up to a monthly cost of ownership.
I'll add my experience is in an area where salt literally eats cars. Ten yo trucks around here could have rust holes in the frame from salt.

Leasing for a business is a different beast..I'm talking about personal auto leases..There are countless youtube vids that do step by step math showing the downside..
To be honest I don't what type of account we have for the car...

leasing a car doesn't mean you don't have to repair or maintain your car.. My buddy leases a BMW he burnt through a set of brakes in 25k miles...The 1000k bill was on him..

Back