To Heat, or Not to Heat, That is the Question

If he had a Subie it would've been under warranty.
And if he bought it with cash it would be under warranty. All the maintenance costs are the same lease or buy. My buddy has that deal on the Subie he bought two years ago for cash. Where you lose leasing is in the financing.

All the maintenance costs are the same lease or buy.
Maintenance, yes. The theory, or mindset, behind it is that in 2 or 3 years you won't be putting tires, brakes, cv joints, ujoints, mufflers, wipers, etc etc on your car.
Again, it's a mindset. Just like paying your electric bill. Just like paying cash for a car. It can all be broken down into a monthly cost of ownership.
Where you lose leasing is in the financing.
Up until recently most lease money factors have been less that 1%. That's cheap money. I'm only speaking of the franchises I'm involved with. You can't lease a chevy but nissan or subaru you most certainly can.

I'll add my experience is in an area where salt literally eats cars. Ten yo trucks around here could have rust holes in the frame from salt.
When you change your oil , use the old oil as undercoating. Spray it underneath, there’s some creative YouTube videos. It works!

Leasing for a business is a different beast..I'm talking about personal auto leases..There are countless youtube vids that do step by step math showing the downside..
To be honest I don't what type of account we have for the car...

leasing a car doesn't mean you don't have to repair or maintain your car.. My buddy leases a BMW he burnt through a set of brakes in 25k miles...The 1000k bill was on him..
If he did not get warranty coverage for the brakes under a lease he would not get warranty coverage under a purchase. You seem to have a thing about people buying expensive cars, not just leasing.

Same for me ever since I bailed out of my job.

mm
When my job went out of state, I asked to get out a few months early if it didn’t adversely affect any projects.
Severance package still took me to past 65. One of my better decisions.
Thank You Jesus!

Back