The "Why isn't there a Cat Thread"? Thread

I want to hear member answers to the question posed by the OP. Of course I have my own theory.
I feel like you’re trying to start a whole dog person V cat person conflict here. why so divisive, bro?

Spook got on my back during child's pose, and then stayed on when I went up to tabletop, trying to get him to move. Notice, that I am not in synch with the video. It took quite a bit to convince him that he needed to move. BTW, he is fourteen pounds of determination. :)

Spook tabletop 2.jpg

Cornell and my yoga studio have been offering online classes since the pandemic. I tend to do them at lunchtime. Spook has figured out that once yoga is over, it is his lunchtime as well. Thankfully, he sleeps through the class. :)

This is "The Teefster " a 22 lb Norwegian Forest Cat who thought he was a dog . He "found us " stupid ass that i am i thought HE was SHE and initially called HER Queen Latifah ya know big , n sassy ....well took QL to the vet he laffed his ass off said uh ya better call him KING ?, so i shortened it to " The Teefster" he was an awesome boy , smart as hell

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    232.6 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 55
Now THIS big guy another 20pounder was Teefster's buddy Bootsie , he lived next door but when Teef hit the Rainbow Bridge ole "Bootsaw "as i called him decided we needed daily visits and occasional two week long overnights ?. Great catboy a real lap cat we calle dhim the Mayor of Morris St, he made the rounds of the hood and everybody loved him

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    378 KB · Views: 54
This is The Queen of The Hop's little kitty Lizzy , sweet lil girl
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Lizzie the little fluff bucket in HER Sunroom

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    322.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
I want to hear member answers to the question posed by the OP. Of course I have my own theory.
From an outdoor recreation perspective, cats are not nearly as capable as dogs. I would certainly like to see more action-oriented cats, but having a dog as a companion in the outdoors is much more natural. Cats are very entertaining indoors. Outdoors, they're either being lazy or hunting. They're hard to track while hunting, so they don't make good photo-subjects

I love dogs. As a kid, I was highly allergic to dogs. I had pretty bad asthma. I stayed overnight at a house with a dog when I was in grade school. I almost didn't make it through the night... ended up in the emergency room.

My asthma is much better as an adult. I could probably get a dog now, but it would be a major lifestyle change. We have a fantastic cat-guy who takes care of our family when we travel. They don't seem to mind when we leave. Having four ensures that they will never be lonely.

From an outdoor recreation perspective, cats are not nearly as capable as dogs. I would certainly like to see more action-oriented cats, but having a dog as a companion in the outdoors is much more natural. Cats are very entertaining indoors. Outdoors, they're either being lazy or hunting. They're hard to track while hunting, so they don't make good photo-subjects

I love dogs. As a kid, I was highly allergic to dogs. I had pretty bad asthma. I stayed overnight at a house with a dog when I was in grade school. I almost didn't make it through the night... ended up in the emergency room.

My asthma is much better as an adult. I could probably get a dog now, but it would be a major lifestyle change. We have a fantastic cat-guy who takes care of our family when we travel. They don't seem to mind when we leave. Having four ensures that they will never be lonely.

CHRIS : My son in law is like you has allergies and is under an Allergist's care . He has had no sense of taste or smell for decades, but he has a West Highland Terrier which is one of the breeds that allergy sufferers seem to be able to tolerate

He has not been bothered by the dog at all . Where they live in Massachusetts near Acton is a pollen disaster area . We have seen CLOUDS of pollen come in ,and when we are there visiting in the spring our vehicles look like they are Pea Soup covered every morning.

There are several breeds that are ok for people with allergies

Back