The Ugh Thread

His daughter and wife give him shit for the next three years. I would pay and investigate who came up with it. They are using it offset cost for the seniors. They don't put it aside..

Drove out to mid Nassau county this morning to meet up with my manager and team so we can pick up samples. It was set for 9:30 but traffic is so unpredictable that I need to give myself 2 hours to make sure I’m on time. Traffic was moderate so I was here at 9:10 but my manager texted samples wouldn’t be ready til 10 as I got on the Grand Central. A few minutes ago he updated that to 11 AM. Our office is still closed to us for Covid so I’m sitting in my car doing nothing

His daughter and wife give him shit for the next three years.

Choose your battles? I probably would have forgotten about it but they are constantly emailing me about it, giving me covid guilt.

They are using it offset cost for the seniors. They don't put it aside..

Yea like I said ponzi.

I can’t find my watch. I’m fairly certain it was stolen at a job site. Looking back, I can see it sitting there with the rest of my stuff. It was a Rolex that IBM gave to my Dad when he hit 25 years working for them. He gave it to me just before he passed and I’ve worn it ever since. I hardly ever take it off. I sure hope I’m wrong and end up finding it in the silliest of places but I’ve been looking everywhere. Funny thing is, it barely worked. I had to set it everyday and didn’t wear it to tell time. Crazy how we get attached to things.

Last edited:
This thread is reaching new, first-world-problem heights.

“I had to kill some time” and “I lost my Rolex”.

Great work, guys.

This thread is reaching new, first-world-problem heights.

“I had to kill some time” and “I lost my Rolex”.

Great work, guys.
OK. Here’s a recent one for y’all.
After playing goff 2 days in the Sat-Sun Memorial Day tournament in 40-50 degree temps Played for fun with friends on Monday Memorial Day. Played the white tees and the other 3 in the group played the more forward gold tees. Hit a drive on the back side on a hole along the road and it was decent but coming down along the tree line with a road and OB to the right of the trees. While walking down to the other tee box a big grey pick-up stops and the couple it asked if I had just hit their truck with a golf ball. There was a small star shaped crack directly above the rearview mirror. Must’ve hit a limb and ricocheted. Ugh. Folks were nice and also golfers. Homeowners insurance and a glass repair shop should take care of it. The others in our 4-some never knew what happened till I told them.
Ugh. Definitely a first world problemo.

Back