The Ugh Thread

Ugh. Wife's car, less than two months old, trashed with a baseball bat at a local park, while she was walking.

I'm "hopeful" that it's only glass damage. TBD.

Trying not to feel cursed.

What’s your theory? Mistaken identity? Did she have any interactions while parking?

I think it was random. Ours wasn't the only car trashed.

The cop was surprised nothing was taken. There was nothing to take.

That sucks Harv. I’m sorry that happened. If there is glass in the car your body shop should insist that the seats be removed and the carpet replaced. If the seats are fabric they should be replaced too. The insurance company will most likely try to weasel their way out of that and give you an hour of vacuuming instead. You will never get all of the glass out with only detailing.

Last edited:
There is a ton of glass. Seats are not fabric, but not leather. Some kind of fake leather I guess.

No cameras.

There is some stuff on the web about how toyota camera turn on when the car is hit, but we can't seem to figure it out.

My son's girlfriend's car got broken into a couple of weeks ago. They got her wallet. She was meeting a friend at a park. Crazy.

That sucks Harv. I’m sorry that happened. If there is glass in the car your body shop should insist that the seats be removed and the carpet replaced. If the seats are fabric they should be replaced too. The insurance company will most likely try to weasel their way out of that and give you an hour of vacuuming instead. You will never get all of the glass out with only detailing.

This is turning out to be more real then I imagined. Al thinks much of the interior has to be replaced. I haven't spoken to Zelda, I may keep if from her for a few days, just to cut her a break.

I wish it was totalled, but it was expensive, and won't be.

I hate to be the star of the ugh thread. I am fucking disheartened.

Back