The Ugh Thread

As someone who's had an injury worsen over the past 11 years, I'd listen to Warp.
TY Camper ! I too pushed the effin envelope . I got too soon old and too late smart ?

I bounced back rather easily from open heart surgery but when I had wicked hip pain and hip bursitis I kept on going at it when I shouldnt have and then not only ended up having hip replacement but that's SOB went bad after 17 months of pure hell and I had to have that same hip redone

It was THEN ilearned my lesson ?‍?

Listen to your damn carcass and take the time to rehab RIGHT,don't be a bozo

Well, I tweaked the knee without an ACL at Timberline on a groomer in low visibility. Caught an edge and spun around to a stop. Binding popped but too slowly. No problem walking slow or driving home after resting a day after since my friend and I had booked a slopeside room for 2 nights. Timberline said I could even use the 2nd day ticket on my RFID card next season. Very well run operation.

Ortho urgent care PA had me push in all directions and confirmed it's just an MCL strain. X-ray only, no need for an MRI. Sent me home with PT exercises. I know them from knee rehab in 2012. Some are adductor/abductor exercises.

PA asked when I was going skiing again. Only told him about the early Feb trip to Taos. He didn't say anything. He knows my knee's history since it's the same ortho group I worked with for the ACL injury (no surgery).

Taking it easy for a couple weeks. ROM was almost normal after a week. Acupuncture helps a lot. Did a few turns on a green at Massanutten last weekend to confirm that easy skiing is not problem.

Well, I tweaked the knee without an ACL at Timberline on a groomer in low visibility. Caught an edge and spun around to a stop. Binding popped but too slowly. No problem walking slow or driving home after resting a day after since my friend and I had booked a slopeside room for 2 nights. Timberline said I could even use the 2nd day ticket on my RFID card next season. Very well run operation.

Ortho urgent care PA had me push in all directions and confirmed it's just an MCL strain. X-ray only, no need for an MRI. Sent me home with PT exercises. I know them from knee rehab in 2012. Some are adductor/abductor exercises.

PA asked when I was going skiing again. Only told him about the early Feb trip to Taos. He didn't say anything. He knows my knee's history since it's the same ortho group I worked with for the ACL injury (no surgery).

Taking it easy for a couple weeks. ROM was almost normal after a week. Acupuncture helps a lot. Did a few turns on a green at Massanutten last weekend to confirm that easy skiing is not problem.
Get one of those fancy braces. The way you wear it makes it impossible to twist the knee. Your femur will break before your knee twists.

Get one of those fancy braces. The way you wear it makes it impossible to twist the knee. Your femur will break before your knee twists.
Rode up with someone Wednesday who told me about his wife broke her leg skiing a while ago and she quit skiing .
Might have been aggravated by osteoporosis.
Stay safe out there folks.

Back