The Ugh Thread

Looks like the connections at the base are threaded pipe . When galvanized pipe is threaded the coating is taken off, depending on how long it's been there it could rust and weaken? Still would take a lot of force to beak it off below ground.
Bad idea locating it below the lift .
Plattekill hydrant piping, Whoever did this work knows their job . The seal coated the thread connections to prevent them from rusting.

Attachments

• 044A1263-56D3-4CBE-AA27-5B7D0B9D296F.jpeg
    044A1263-56D3-4CBE-AA27-5B7D0B9D296F.jpeg
    487.7 KB · Views: 67
On the eve of the biggest storm of the season so far, and potentially the season's great run for the east, I've hurt myself horsing around, and will now miss out. Could be out for quite a while, some kind of pull I think.

Ugh.

On the eve of the biggest storm of the season so far, and potentially the season's great run for the east, I've hurt myself horsing around, and will now miss out. Could be out for quite a while, some kind of pull I think.

Ugh.
If it’s a pulled muscle RICE helps.
  1. Rest. Avoid activities that cause pain, swelling or discomfort. ...
  2. Ice. Even if you're seeking medical help, ice the area immediately. ...
  3. Compression. To help stop swelling, compress the area with an elastic bandage until the swelling stops. ...
  4. Elevation.
No doubt ya have ice/snow. Heal well Harv.

I'm in kind of a tough spot. The snow is supposed to start around 10, and ideally I could have the car loaded and pointed down hill by then, either leave right away or wait until the snow is done. But loading the car is not going to be simple with this leg, especially if I move the car to a spot where I am guaranteed to get out. I have to be home tomorrow night.

Hey Harv - I am in Johnsburg. If you want to get out, I could come by and load your car and put it where you want it. I could get there around 6:15 or 6:30 tonight assuming Johnsburg (where I am) is 15-20 min away (I have not been to North River but it looks like it is just up the road from North Creek). Ironically I sent you a PM this am with my cell so you can call me or text. Would just ask that we both wear masks. Either way, safe travels.

Dom that's a super nice offer. I was just on with Cork, talking about something similar.

He kind of talked me off the ledge. I'll try to do some packing now and get the car in position, shoot to leave after the snow in the pm tomorrow.

Man i feel dumb.

Dom that's a super nice offer. I was just on with Cork, talking about something similar.

He kind of talked me off the ledge. I'll try to do some packing now and get the car in position, shoot to leave after the snow in the pm tomorrow.

Man i feel dumb.
Anytime. Don't feel dumb, stuff like this happens all the time. At least it wasn't worse.

Better safe than sorry. Rest, heal up, and then you'll be back in the game.

From what I've seen in the past through this awesome forum is that Gore usually gets a few of these a year.

Anytime. Don't feel dumb, stuff like this happens all the time. At least it wasn't worse.

Better safe than sorry. Rest, heal up, and then you'll be back in the game.

From what I've seen in the past through this awesome forum is that Gore usually gets a few of these a year.
This. No reason to feel dumb.

I've got so much metal in both legs from ski injuries if you are dumb I must be a total moron.

Ice, elevation, and compression is magic. Absolutely have to be dilligent about it, and doesn't hurt to throw in some Aleve or Advil. Think we are in the same age range, I'm 53. Couple times in the past year thought I really did some damage. 30 minutes on/off for a couple hours, and none of them took me out of commission for more than a couple days. Hopefully it works for you and and you can get back it by next weekend.

Back