The Ugh Thread

Two teachers at Peanut’s daycare tested positive for COVID. Looks like we might have ourselves a quarantine Thanksgiving.
A toddler and an infant became sick as well. Thankfully they recovered and so did the teachers. Quarantine sure was a challenge but now we’re back in business. Glad to return to ‘normal’. Going skiing helped a lot.

Post office satalte office close to where I live has changed over night from having staff their during 9 am to 4 p.m.
To know one to take big stuff to mail I walk half mile to get there for no reason

Pipe burst at Beech Mountain. Spray hits the folks on the chairlift.

Don’t know if it’s related but...

Last edited:

Holy Shit!

WTH, why would they continue to run that chair? That's just stupid.

how hard it to turn the pumps and compressors off...i'm guessing a couple of knife switches
nobody seems to be concerned with the almost dead skier

Yeah, they probably would have to turn off the whole line but still should only take a couple minutes once the patroller showed up and recognized the danger. That one guy looked really hurt. News report says two went to the hospital but are ok

Great idea running the piping close to the lift towers . Had the leak been on the side of the pipe it might have undermined the tower concrete footing and foundation.
I recall seeing a video maybe a year ago water shooting all the way across a trail towards at running lift . This leak could have been worse in comparison.

Back