The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

One of the holes borders the Playboy mansion. You could hear the peacocks squawking on the broadcast the other day.
There’s some nice shacks indeed around that place.
As the philosopher Carlin said... It’s a big club & u ain’t init.
They don’t even let in many spectators neither.

Pretty Fugly 39 on Father's Day,had to par the last 5 holes to get it. The 2nd shots today were generally weak sauce either short or shanked.

A pair of 39's today .Hot out there and crowded.

Was testing different drivers on alternate holes . Callaway XR set at 13: ended up beating Cobra 12degree by average of 5 yds .

One is adjustable 12-14 ,the other 9-12

Only played once in the last week or so. Won the $1 for low putts on Sunday but shot 89. Hit only 1 GIR.
Been taking care of the recently spayed hound along with a couple rainouts.
My tour starts again tomorrow. She’s well healed now.

Now This is getting patently ridiculous !! Seventh 39 this season WTF .

This was at the longer Riverside course at least .

Really drove well today 238 average for the day BUT had a double bogey which was because of a penalty on the approach blew a 4 HY into the woods behind the elevated green .

H'mm Will Groundhog day end soon it's getting weird

Warp, why are you? Are you so upset with a 39 and why don’t you ever play 18 holes will see you shoot 79 seven times in a row are you playing the same course all the time what course is this and where what kind of slope rating is it the tees are you playing from? I guess it doesn’t really matter and it’s not in my business but man I would not complain if I shot a 39 in any course seven times in a Row.

Riverside NY state?

Just move back a tee, play a 140 slope and the score will go up lol

Warp, why are you? Are you so upset with a 39 and why don’t you ever play 18 holes will see you shoot 79 seven times in a row are you playing the same course all the time what course is this and where what kind of slope rating is it the tees are you playing from? I guess it doesn’t really matter and it’s not in my business but man I would not complain if I shot a 39 in any course seven times in a Row.

Riverside NY state?

Just move back a tee, play a 140 slope and the score will go up lol
Yo CK it's obviously " satire "

Lighten up dude and get a clue

I play multiple courses here and in other regions as far as playing 9 I'm effin 80 yrs old dude ....

Last edited:
The tirolean who let me read his NYU masters thesis, where he worked on a prototype to allow handicapped folks ski, kicked my ass when I subbed yesterday in the Thursday morning golf league. Played the back 9 better but still got hammered.
The course is having a 3 day tournament starting today and the greens were slick with the pins tucked on the edges yesterday.
A lot of the best CNY amateurs are gonna be tested.
The tirolean told me his grandkids (5 and 7 year olds) who live in Park City ski double blacks up there.
I’ve only ever golfed there years ago.

Last edited:
Back