The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

What I like is the players and fans dressed like they were going skiing in Georgia in the rain and 44degrees. Might as well be playing in the north.
And they can only bomb it 275
Absolutely best golf to watch by far

What I like is the players and fans dressed like they were going skiing in Georgia in the rain and 44degrees. Might as well be playing in the north.
And they can only bomb it 275
Absolutely best golf to watch by far
Yup & two sets of going around Amen Corner on Easter.

The big dogs are coming to Oak Hill in a little over a month. We’re going for a practice round.
Still practice round tickets available for Monday and Tuesday. Gets ya free food to boot and NA beverages.
Last time I went we followed Dufner around in a practice and then he won it.
Saw Phil come in wearing flip flops. He didn’t practice there that day.

Went and hit balls for the first time in years. Knee felt stable and pain free. Now, my back? That's a different story....lol
It’s good to practice from the hole back.
Loosen up & stretch first.
Putting, then chipping, then 1/2 wedges, then full swings...
A friend who's 95 wears a back brace when he plays. Kinda like a knee brace for skiers that benefit from ‘em. He’s legendary.
Tis simpler to replace knee parts than back parts.

The 94 year old described above is now 95 and shot 75 Wednesday after “moving up” recently to the gold senior tees.
He was even par (36) on the front side and shot four over (39) on the back.
He’s shot 78, 77 and a couple 76’s the last couple weeks off the golds.
22 under yer age is the world record allegedly.
He’s definitely a contender.
Got to play with him again today. He’s hitting the ball well but was gonna lose $1 for most putts today as he was leaving ‘em short.
He showed up randomly when we were on the first tee, went out for his first time this year and didn’t get to warm up or practice putts.
I tied for low putts so on ties nobody looses.
When we were done he went to the practice green as he just got a new Scotty Cameron.
Attaboy.

Last edited:
What a tournament down in Hilton Head (on TV now). Big names on the leaderboard. Also, he’s not going to make it, but I love watching Theegala play.

EDIT: And now John Rahm is helping with commentary. This is good TV.

Last edited:
Won a $1 for least putts.
83 2 doubles no birds.
Nice day to walk as the trees are coming out, not as hot & a slight breeze.
Greens are parched and firm.
It rained down the hill and it’s suppose to have a bit of rain for the next couple days.
Golf is improving.

Golf walked 3 18s Friday thru Sunday and gonna sub in a local league this afternoon for 9 in a cart.
Home course is playing loooong & ya can’t leave a ball mark on the greens either.
Little roll in the fairways & if it hits any longer grass the ball doesn’t go anywhere.
All 3 rounds were dang 87’s but in completely different fashions.
Only had 28 putts yesterday. Putting ain’t the problem.
If I can get rid of the dang wasted turd shots things will improve.

Back