The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

Yesterday at Hendricks Field in Belleville NJ, home to Junior Soprano. Gorgeous foliage, I joined the first foursome at 7:45 and was done in three hours. The course is in beautiful shape other than the deer hoof prints all over the greens (as you're aware, it's rutting season). Bucks were chasing does through many of the fairways -- we need @Campgottagopee and his rifle down here!

Resized_20221106_083941.jpeg

Last edited:
Yesterday at Hendricks Field in Belleville NJ, home to Junior Soprano. Gorgeous foliage, I joined the first foursome at 7:45 and was done in three hours, and the course is in beautiful shape other than the deer hoof prints all over the greens (as you're aware, it's rutting season).

View attachment 16209
Nice.
Played 3 days in a row last week, scored worse each time but won the last two matches. Go figure.
Twas great golfing weather but got windier as the week went on.
The home course is as dry as it’s been all year and they just recently punched the greens.
And the Dog ate my homework.

Last edited:
That was my 25th round of the season. I wish I could put up that many ski days; however, it's apples and bowling balls. My local golf courses are 10-20 minutes away; ski areas are considerably further away and more expensive.

glad to see you guys getting after it. I injured my hand and haven't swung a club since end of August. missed some quality golf days these past few weeks.

Played Hartford Greens (formerly Pole Valley) Saturday. Shorts and short sleeves in November on the golf course in upstate N.Y.! What a day.

There’s still lots of snow for skiing but ya know golf season is nearer when the First Tee of Syracuse has their big fundraiser.
Sometimes ya can get a good deal for a good cause.

Their website.

Back