The Sand Trap: for Players, Hackers and Duffers

Played River course this am cold ,windy and wet after yesterday's multiple downpours . 3 pars a double finished with a 42 .Hopefully this course dries out by the weekend

Played River course this am cold ,windy and wet after yesterday's multiple downpours . 3 pars a double finished with a 42 .Hopefully this course dries out by the weekend
Been wet since Sunday when we got in 11holes before the rains came for a couple days.
Gonna be nice again for awhile.
Saw this beast yesterday in the fairway up hill from the pond moving to higher ground.
IMG_0669.jpeg
IMG_0671.jpeg

Played longer River course again today .Shot a 38,5 pars no doubles things came together finally . Drove much better this am : 211 avg which at 81 makes me happy. Thrill of the day a Sandie that found the hole to save par. .

Played inland course this am .A 39 with 6 pars and a dreaded double plunked one in the pond on a dogleg right, took a gamble and effed up ; )

We played the longer River Course and Got out early to beat heat and humidity Best Round of Season a j37 ,7 pars no doubles ,Silly Stick was working lots o roll boy was that nice after mudball season .

Gotta have a Chip implanted next week to Monitor heart rate I have been fine for 14 months no issues But they at St joes in Syr want me to have a second ablation to get off some drugs which may have some nasty longterm implications,

I "May " do it in the fall IF the chip data substantiate the advisability.

It's a tuff call since I AM feeling so good and hate to eff that up ,but the Potential long term benefit MAY be a good thing

The damn skeptic in me says at 81 Don't mess with success which my primary Dr had advised But the cardiologist and electrphysiologists are pushing it

I have 2 friends both 10 to 15 yrs younger who had FAILED second ablation one is a recently retired RN

Beotsch of a decision I'm on the fence right now.

I will do the chip loop implant not sure if it knocks me out of golf 🤔 for awhile

Last edited:
Another 38 this am with 2 birds, couple pars ,no doubles on inland course

Course was wet from yesterday's t storms .but no complaints after they said it would be rainy today

Really pleased game is finally coming on .
5 of last 6 rounds were Sub 40

Back