The overland craze is out of control

Photo is real I says. It is a dirt road that is separated from the ski resort and you can see the grass separating it. If this was fake there would be less brown and it would all be 2 ft deep powder, no faded tracks in front of it.

While we are here, if anyone has the first edition of Chris Tamborini's Freeze magazine where they told the story of driving their car onto Sunday River I will pay top dollar.

I just don't get it. Unless you're a park ranger or a logger you don't need to drive your dumb truck through natural terrain just because you can. If you want to enjoy nature grab a backpack and hiking gear.

And the auto companies are pushing this destructive culture just to sell more oversized SUVs to people:

As you may have guessed from the fancy high-end trim and driver assistance systems, not everyone takes their super-capable Gladiators on the trail. Jeep wants to change that, so now the 2024 Gladiator comes with interactive trail maps for 62 different Jeep Badge routes, with the option of paying a yearly fee to unlock thousands more via the independent site Trails Offroad. The maps show you where the trail starts, the toughest portions of the trail and all sorts of other little hints and tricks to make your inaugural roll in the mud a successful one.

I just don't get it. Unless you're a park ranger or a logger you don't need to drive your dumb truck through natural terrain just because you can. If you want to enjoy nature grab a backpack and hiking gear.
It’s even worse that they drive them on the beach just because they’re too lazy to drag a beer cooler 100 yards.

mm

I'm guessing KIA targeted this ad to me based on my cookie trail of ski related content, but even as a skier this has gotten out of hand.

You guys seen the TV commercial?

Back