The overland craze is out of control

Can't you just let off the gas to get the under power effect?

I can. I never use econ. But some need it?

Honestly it's a stupid setting.

I knew a guy who crossed App Gap in a Prius every day to work at Sugarbush. He used snow tires but he still had to pull the fuse on the traction control. That's a sub-optimum solution. I think EV power control on winter roads may be a more difficult problem most people expect. When I get an EV it's gotta have some kind of snow driving mode, AWD or not.

+1 about underpowered.

mm
Snow tires and the right software help a lot. I thought I might take delivery of the rivian before their snow mode (reduced acceleration and deceleration rates/torque) was out. So I run winter snow tires. Snow tires plus snow mode made me feel pretty dialed in in the snow (the most I ever experienced)

Though I bet the snow tires are the most important factor. The thing that got me to buy em was YouTube video of a few different cars on ice. A fwd w snow tires on ice was way better than an all wheel etc that did not have snow tires.

The thing that got me to buy em was YouTube video of a few different cars on ice. A fwd w snow tires on ice was way better than an all wheel etc that did not have snow tires.
Sounds like the ones with the Audi's on the hockey rink. I was all in after seeing that video.

@Tjf1967 A lot of people down here are clueless about easy on the throttle, easy on the brakes. All wheel drive or not, I've been running 4 snow tires on dedicated rims in winter for 30+ years. Nokian, please and thank you.

I'm 6' and a Bronco hood comes above my nipples. My neighbors Raptor is over my shoulders.

mm

I'll see you and raise you, pun intended. This truck is so clean it's never been used for work. The Ford badge is at eye level, I'm 5'9". I'd pay money to see the owner load bags of cement or topsoil in the bed. EDIT: note the hood stack, diesel truck that is likely tuned and deleted. A rolling federal crime.

lifted-1.jpeg
lifted-2.jpeg

Last edited:
I'll see you and raise you, pun intended. This truck is so clean it's never been used for work. The Ford badge is at eye level, I'm 5'9". I'd pay money to see the owner load bags of cement or topsoil in the bed.

View attachment 20990
View attachment 20991
Built to make up for a long list of inadequacies in the owners life 😂

Seriously these people look like idiots with these things!

Seriously these people look like idiots with these things!
One mans junk is another mans treasure

That said, I agree with your statement. I like lifted trucks, but really think the ones that have the tires that offset look foolish.

With that kind of lift the offset is probably required so it doesn't roll over in the most gentle of turns. These things shouldn't be street legal.

Back