The overland craze is out of control

He wasn't talking about trucks and people who use them for towing or other legitimate reasons. Definitely more focused on the SUV soccer mom thing. I said it early, I drive a lifted mid-sized truck and use it for "truck stuff", it's got pin striped paint and a bed caked with compost. I'm also capable of admitting it drives like shit as a daily, but it also is not some $85K pavement princess with heated leather seats, 4 doors and all the other bits and bobs running a massive ball hitch to scare people from tailgating and has never towed.
Respect.

Meanwhile, I once carried a couple of cases of wine out for a customer, he had a brand new BMW X7 SUV. He said, "It's a nice truck." PSA: don't be that guy.

Good example of what some have been talking about. I mean seriously what a dangerous clown...

Last edited:
He wasn't talking about trucks and people who use them for towing or other legitimate reasons. Definitely more focused on the SUV soccer mom thing. I said it early, I drive a lifted mid-sized truck and use it for "truck stuff", it's got pin striped paint and a bed caked with compost. I'm also capable of admitting it drives like shit as a daily, but it also is not some $85K pavement princess with heated leather seats, 4 doors and all the other bits and bobs running a massive ball hitch to scare people from tailgating and has never towed.
At 5:42 he talks about trucks.

The guy is a whiner. If he can't pass an SUV in his sports car because he can see around it, he doesn't know how to drive.

Respect.

Meanwhile, I once carried a couple of cases of wine out for a customer, he had a brand new BMW X7 SUV. He said, "It's a nice truck." PSA: don't be that guy.
Haha my koumbara (god child's mother) calls her lexus egg shaped suv thingy

Like the "overlanders" running a rooftop tent, maxtraxs, jerry cans and all the other bolt on accessories full time. I have a rooftop tent and use it often, I can never get the thing off my roof soon enough when I'm done with it. The way a lifted truck handles with an additional 500-1000 pounds strapped to the roof and in the bed is horrific and yet people run these as fashion accessories. It's just the evolution of Honda Civic tuner culture of the early 2000's, except now instead of trying to convey speed its all about ruggedness.

Also definitely share photos of the ebike landscaper set up when its convenient, thats super rad.
if you want some real entertainment check out the G.O.T.O.S thread in the TGR'z, extra points for condiment jerry cans if spotted in a whole foods parking lot!

Probably the best video I've seen on the subject, it's about both trucks and SUVs and focuses mostly on the impact on cities and suburbia.

LMAO!

"Most people who buy SUV's are assholes"

You guys crack me up

Maybe the solution is to outlaw big scary trucks --- I drive them
Outlaw scary semi-automatic guns -- own several
Outlaw scary Pitbull's -- have one of those too

Gawd --- what a joke

LMAO!

"Most people who buy SUV's are assholes"

You guys crack me up

Maybe the solution is to outlaw big scary trucks --- I drive them
Outlaw scary semi-automatic guns -- own several