The overland craze is out of control

I'm looking forward to the first Riv I see loaded up with firewood, or a bunch of dead deer in the bed. Who knows...maybe it will be me?! LoL
If I needed to move wood or dead animals I would. I will hook up the dump trailer this weekend I have things to bring to the dump. I've never had a pickup before. The amount of miles I drive would sink me in fuel costs. Now I can afford the fuel... And pull the frame off a diesel,,blow the doors off a vet, and a ride like a marki Brohm. So what I can pull a million pound boat 3000 miles. I'm not going to anyways. If we play golf this year you can take it out. We can race coaches car. It's insane what this thing does. Don't think that means there ain't problems with the vehicle cause there is but I'm willing we work with them to straighten things out.

Last edited:
Way to much whining about other people in this thread. Who cares why someone decides to buy a truck, and wether or not they will actually use it? Its none of your dam business. Their big, and roomy and comfortable for long trips especially if you have a family. Nobody needs to justify buying something just because you personally are somehow offended by it. Does everyone that buys a sportscar need to take it out on a racetrack? And BTW, the excuse of buying a large truck/suv because there's so many on the road and you need one to be safe, makes you the world's biggest hypocrite. Don't act like your so conflicted about it. Buy it because you really want it, and STFU and stop criticizing other people for owning them.

Its also ironic your all so worried about the global cause but your ALL SKIERS!! You DRIVE to mountains that use gobs of energy to make fake snow in regions that do not naturally get enough, clear land so you have slopes to use, and build energy consuming lifts to get your ass to the top of the mountain. Or even worse, you get on a plane to go somewhere even further away, to do the same thing you can do here. The ONLY person in this entire forum that gets a Good Environment Merit Badge is Ripitz. The man rode a dam bike in the middle of winter to go skiing. So, either take after him, or buy a solar powered shack that's walking distance from a mountain, or STFU and stop whining about it because we're all allowed to have some fun.

If I needed to move wood or dead animals I would. I will hook up the dump trailer this weekend I have things to bring to the dump. I've never had a pickup before. The amount of miles I drive would sink me in fuel costs. Now I can afford the fuel... And pull the frame off a diesel,,blow the doors off a vet, and a ride like a marki Brohm. So what I can pull a million pound boat 3000 miles. I'm not going to anyways. If we play golf this year you can take it out. We can race coaches car. It's insane what this thing does. Don't think that means there ain't problems with the vehicle cause there is but I'm willing we work with them to straighten things out.
Word

No question that they're badass, and have many positive benefits.

I walked to work for nearly 30 years. During that time all my driving was skiing.

I have no actual data but... :) driving has got to use more energy than snowmaking.

Bill McKibben once blew off the idea that driving to go skiing causes global warm ing. He attributed it to coal fired power plants.

I didn't say "caused" anything. Just comparing the size of two things. Just guessing really.

I hope he's right, the coal thing seems easier to fix.

Back