The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been friends with him for 50 yrs
You said he is a heart surgeon. What is his background in infectious diseases and clinical trials? Or the ways in which ventilation and air flow impact the likelihood of COVID-19 transmission? (no answer expected)

My ski buddy who is a family physician and professor at a well known medical school decided back in the fall it was safe to fly. With proper precautions of course. I've known him for 20 years, my husband's family has known his family for 50+ years. His father was a physician. We've done three ski trips that involved flying this season.

My other ski buddy who has a Ph.D. in immunology has flown several times this season. Has tested negative after every trip using the Vault At Home PCR test. Needed to test because the state of residence had travel restrictions.

I researched the risk of community spread at airports and in airplanes for months before making my decision to go ahead with the Dec ski trip. For what it's worth, I feel more comfortable in any airport than in many places that are within an hour of my house. Meaning places that I haven't gone to and won't go for a while longer.

You said he is a heart surgeon. What is his background in infectious diseases and clinical trials? Or the ways in which ventilation and air flow impact the likelihood of COVID-19 transmission? (no answer expected)

My ski buddy who is a family physician and professor at a well known medical school decided back in the fall it was safe to fly. With proper precautions of course. I've known him for 20 years, my husband's family has known his family for 50+ years. His father was a physician. We've done three ski trips that involved flying this season.

My other ski buddy who has a Ph.D. in immunology has flown several times this season. Has tested negative after every trip using the Vault At Home PCR test. Needed to test because the state of residence had travel restrictions.

I researched the risk of community spread at airports and in airplanes for months before making my decision to go ahead with the Dec ski trip. For what it's worth, I feel more comfortable in any airport than in many places that are within an hour of my house. Meaning places that I haven't gone to and won't go for a while longer.
He was passing advice along from his infectious disease friends.
I’m sure airplanes and airports are fine
But you have to leave the airports.

As mentioned earlier I got my second shot on Tuesday. Yesterday I was TKO'd, it knocked me right in the dirt. I had the chills and felt like my head was in a vise, to the point I had to stay home. I'm at work now but feel like I was dragged behind a truck. I'm still glad to be fully vaxed.

He was passing advice along from his infectious disease friends.
I’m sure airplanes and airports are fine
But you have to leave the airports.
Good advice Jas,

Last edited:
View attachment 8974

Really easy and organized.

I'm in my 15 minute waiting period.

This hit me pretty good yesterday. Not even close to real covid, but I did feel like shit.

Today I am feeling better.

Tomorrow choosing between earning 'em at Belle, Hunter or Gore.

I had the chills and felt like my head was in a vise,

This. For me, the real covid was head in a vise, brutal for three straight days. Chills too, and not fun, but the headache was the killer.

This. For me, the real covid was head in a vise, brutal for three straight days. Chills too, and not fun, but the headache was the killer.
That's crazy. I honestly can't imagine feeling that way for 3 day's, that's brutal. My reaction from the shot was monumentally worse than when I had covid. I felt like I had a head cold when I had covid, that's it.
This thing is so weird how it affects everyone so differently.

As mentioned earlier I got my second shot on Tuesday. Yesterday I was TKO'd, it knocked me right in the dirt. I had the chills and felt like my head was in a vise, to the point I had to stay home. I'm at work now but feel like I was dragged behind a truck. I'm still glad to be fully vaxed.
That's crazy. I honestly can't imagine feeling that way for 3 day's, that's brutal. My reaction from the shot was monumentally worse than when I had covid. I felt like I had a head cold when I had covid, that's it.
This thing is so weird how it affects everyone so differently.
Damn! what shots are you guys getting?. are we talking a ski vice? ? or an Acme style heavy ass metal vice?? I don’t mind when pain spontaneously happens, but pre-meditated pain! Not so much

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back