The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am too
But when you watch the new it’s still all doom and gloom
Easy solution to that problem.

I used to like watching the news because I liked to “be informed”. But I think that people should realize that the news isn’t in the business of informing us anymore. They are in the business of trying to scare the shit out of us so that we’ll watch more news.

Easy solution to that problem.

I used to like watching the news because I liked to “be informed”. But I think that people should realize that the news isn’t in the business of informing us anymore. They are in the business of trying to scare the shit out of us so that we’ll watch more news.
Totally agree
Fam is moving forward
Booked a week in Montana and Wyoming in June

Absolutely, 100% right.

TV news, especially cable news, is nothing but sensationalism. You need to read writers who make logical arguments based on verifiable evidence. Reading actual logically constructed arguments activates the smart part of your brain. Watching TV does the opposite.

You need to ignore anonymous interweb posters. (I know that's ironic, but after several late night drunken rants about clients I need to remain incognito.) Avoid Google and Facebook, which use algorhythms to steer you to things you like to hear, but in reality they are only giant confirmation bias machines.

mm

So true
The really good reporters just read the news. It doesn't matter to me what their opinion is of said news.
Ugh
Just got a txt from good friend. Big time heart surgeon in cali
He said the vaccine isn’t a pass. We are still in the weeds.
I don’t know what the f to do

especially cable news
This. My wife watches like regular old ABC news and it is much more reasonable.

The thing about cable... if people didn't watch it they wouldn't do it. So we all have some responsibility.

Ugh
Just got a txt from good friend. Big time heart surgeon in cali
He said the vaccine isn’t a pass. We are still in the weeds.
I don’t know what the f to do
I am confused. What are you saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back