The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got vaccinated and boosted at the first opportunity and that's all you'll get from me.
And there it is. That’s the attitude that offends some of us

You don’t get to have a superior attitude because you did ONE thing even it’s the most important thing. You need to do everything that is required. You may feel the NY rules are excessive, but remember that the City was traumatized less than 2 years ago. As others have noted, this has become political and NY politics are driven by the City. If you can’t accept that you don’t belong in Upstate NY. For me, it’s still better than living in a red state where the governor is actively discouraging vaccination and other measures to mitigate the pandemic.

mm

Last edited:
No. We have the vaccine to prevent severe illness and make covid into a risk more comparable to that of cold/flu and other viruses. Did you know that people with compromised immune systems existed before covid? Are you suggesting that we permanently alter our lifestyle?
Even if they've been vaccinated, immunocompromised people face risk of a more serious bout of covid.

Detected cases for the northeast probably peaked mid-Jan 2022 for the Omicron wave.

Screen Shot 2022-01-22 at 4.14.11 PM.jpg

Reactions: MC2
Anyone remember the talk about the 1918 pandemic? There was masking for a while as a public safety measure, at least in some cities and towns. More importantly, that pandemic wasn't considered over on a global basis until 1920. That was without a vaccine but a very different situation in terms of how it spread between continents and countries.

December 2021
View attachment 12167
Masking and all other measures were done in like 6 months in 1918. Not 22 months and counting. Just because there's still a pandemic, doesn't mean you have to restrict people's lives.

And there it is. That’s the attitude that offends some of us

You don’t get to have a superior attitude because you did ONE thing even it’s the most important thing. You need to do everything that is required. You may feel the NY rules are excessive, but remember that the City was traumatized less than 2 years ago. As others have noted, this has become political and NY politics are driven by the City. If you can’t accept that you don’t belong in Upstate NY.
It's become a cult. You must get vaccinated and boosted and wear a mask and avoid gatherings and limit travel or you're selfish and want people to die. Fuck that. I got off this runaway train back in May because I knew nothing I did would ever be enough for people like you.

For me, it’s still better than living in a red state where the governor is actively discouraging vaccination and other measures to mitigate the pandemic.
If we elect someone like that in New York, then you'll only have yourself to blame. Hope you enjoy it.

Last edited:
No we were hanging out in a corn field.. ?.
Reason I asked for Bozeman is that I know people who travel but don't go indoors except into their lodging or for a restroom. Bozeman downtown seems quite different from the outlying areas where the new shopping centers have been built in recent years.

While traveling, I end up in supermarkets and restaurants, but not in many retail stores where locals are shopping. But I'm also not shopping much in person when at home besides in supermarkets.

In Pagosa Springs, CO a month ago perhaps 50% were masked in the Natural Grocery store. More like 20% in the Walmart. At Wolf Creek, employees were masked indoors. Customers were almost all masked in the lodge with the cafeteria and bar. Masking was strongly suggested with signs but no one was asking people without a mask to mask up. Not so much masking in the larger restroom in the main lodge. I used it as a locker room (has 75¢ lockers and a nice big bench) and didn't bother to mask up most of the time when there was only 1-2 other women passing through quickly.

In VA/WV, employees are much more likely to be masked where I've been going than customers. In the past couple weeks that's meant Sheetz gas stations, Massanutten Resort, and Timberline Resort. At the Timberline lodge only a few seniors were masking indoors. The employees weren't masked.

Last edited:
I think Sno has made some valid points.

His delivery for this crowd may not be winning many people over and I may not completely agree on all of it but I get a lot of how he’s feeling and where he’s coming from.

From my POV some of the pro-mask rule follower crowd on here sound exactly the same to me as far as emotionally fueled ranting and “whining”.

I think Sno has made some valid points.

His delivery for this crowd may not be winning many people over and I may not completely agree on all of it but I get a lot of how he’s feeling and where he’s coming from.

From my POV some of the pro-mask rule follower crowd on here sound exactly the same to me as far as emotionally fueled ranting and “whining”.
Everyone wants the pandemic to be over.

Not everyone is being a little bitch about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back