The New Normal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here are other vaccines typically required for college students.

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 11.30.50 PM.png

Interesting. I'm seeing more and more articles where journalists/doctors/etc are starting to hedge their bet on the so-called vaccines. (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...p-up-with-virus-creating-worry-for-vaccinated for example) There's always people who see things early in the game - they are often called kooks and ridiculed. At some point the evidence hits a tipping point and then a fight ensues as to who can get out in front of the news first. Not sure if we are there quite yet but we seem to be getting close.
Here's the "meat" of the article aside from stories of people being nervous:

"All that said, some facts are well established at this point. Vaccinated people infected with the virus are much less likely to need to go to the hospital, much less likely to need intubation and much less likely to die from the illness. There’s no doubt that vaccines provide significant protection. But a large proportion of the nation -- almost 30% of U.S. adults -- have not been vaccinated, a fact that has conspired with the highly contagious delta variant to push the country into a new wave of outbreaks.

“The big picture here is that the vaccines are working and the reason for the spike in the U.S. is we have too little vaccine uptake,” Frieden said.
--
Instead, we've got an INCREDIBLE WASTE OF HUMAN LIFE going on because people are inventing excuses not to get a shot.

It's a bit funny to see that the way to pronounce Comirnaty in the press release.

Perhaps waiting for a bit more time to collect safety data given that the younger age group wasn't enrolled until a few months after the start of the 16+ Phase 3 clinical trial.
Some folks have questions relating to the most recent FDA’s press release data.

The worry is essentially created by the unvaccinated. The Delta variant is a result of a huge population of unvaccinated in India.
True, not many folks in the world were vaccinated when the delta variant was first observed.

Do you believe the virus doesn’t mutate in folks vaccinated and are SARS-CoV-2 infected?

The idea is that vaxed folks spread it less. When spread slows down, mutations slow down. I think the current booster is just another dose of the original but I’m sure there are folks working on tweaking it to address Delta, Lambda and other new strains. Maybe a new version will be approved by the time I’m ready for my booster.

Interesting. I'm seeing more and more articles where journalists/doctors/etc are starting to hedge their bet on the so-called vaccines. (https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...p-up-with-virus-creating-worry-for-vaccinated for example) There's always people who see things early in the game - they are often called kooks and ridiculed. At some point the evidence hits a tipping point and then a fight ensues as to who can get out in front of the news first. Not sure if we are there quite yet but we seem to be getting close.
No matter what you call it - it is an approved vaccine. You seem to still have issues with your reading. It seems you skipped the relevant statement mentioned by others above. Here it is:
"All that said, some facts are well established at this point. Vaccinated people infected with the virus are much less likely to need to go to the hospital, much less likely to need intubation and much less likely to die from the illness."
Now, in case you had an issue reading this statement, read the next one:
"All that said, some facts are well established at this point. Vaccinated people infected with the virus are much less likely to need to go to the hospital, much less likely to need intubation and much less likely to die from the illness."

Maybe the 4th time is the charm.

The idea is that vaxed folks spread it less. When spread slows down, mutations slow down. I think the current booster is just another dose of the original but I’m sure there are folks working on tweaking it to address Delta, Lambda and other new strains. Maybe a new version will be approved by the time I’m ready for my booster.
Pretty sure that no new version of any vaccine has been submitted for FDA review yet. Pfizer seems more intent on coming out with a new version and pushing booster shots.

I have a feeling that Moderna is having to scramble more than Pfizer in order to pull together all the documentation required to complete the BLA submission. Pfizer has far more experience with the regulatory process than Moderna. Probably has more staff that could be pulled onto the project.

July 8, 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back