The Mouse Thread

Some folks use wiper fluid in the bucket as it drowns em quick, keeps the smell down and won’t freeze if used in unheated areas.

I'm joining late -- we have a mouse for the first time in 21 years at our house. Our cat is aware of it and in full stalking mode. He always brings back mice, birds, and baby rabbits to our front door during the warm months but this is a new experience for him, an indoor target.

He sits motionless in front of the refrigerator for 30 minutes at a time:
20231030_125732.jpg

this is my preferred trap. I have mastered the underhand toss. in one motion i can open the back door, swing my arm upwards and squeeze the trap slightly. with practice, this technique should allow you to send the moose flying about 10 feet. let the food chain do the rest.

If you can throw a moose 10 feet, you don't need to be trapping mice.

I'm joining late -- we have a mouse for the first time in 21 years at our house. Our cat is aware of it and in full stalking mode. He always brings back mice, birds, and baby rabbits to our front door during the warm months but this is a new experience for him, an indoor target.

He sits motionless in front of the refrigerator for 30 minutes at a time:
View attachment 21454

Meanwhile, anyone on the forum who knows where I can adopt kitties, hit me up. Looking for a litter pair or bonded pair. Preferably longhaired. They don't have to be kittens.

Meanwhile, anyone on the forum who knows where I can adopt kitties, hit me up. Looking for a litter pair or bonded pair. Preferably longhaired. They don't have to be kittens.
I think I saw a pair on this website. Tri-Lakes Humane Society is in Saranac Lake.

Go to the shelter in saranac lake. They always have cats

Back