The Indy Pass

It's not clear JH had anything to do with what Indy sent out. All they did is affirm that their existing Golden Ticket program considers Indy a season pass.
The beginning of the press release makes it pretty clear that Indy was not part of the Golden Ticket in the past. I'd have a hard time believing that Indy would make such as announcement without agreement from JHMR.

from Post #440, with bold added:
"When we heard the news last August that Jackson Hole Mountain Resort was to be sold to local families, we were ecstatic to see one of the premier ski destinations in the world stay independent and family-owned. We are happy to announce a new opportunity for all Indy Passholders to experience Jackson Hole’s legendary terrain.

This season Jackson Hole Mountain Resort will provide 50% off daily lift tickets through its Golden Ticket Program when you show your Indy Pass on select days during the 23/24 season. There are 55 available days spread out over the months of December, January, March, and April.
. . ."

It has now been wiped from the Indy website. From the minute I saw this promotion I thought this is Indy going rogue and using Jackson Hole’s brand to suggest some partnership that doesn’t exist. They are purely offering a discount to competing passholders. The wording wash fishy from the start.

Trying to co-opt an Ikon resort’s promotion as some sort of Indy partnership is ironic after they strongarmed other resorts not to be on multiple passes.

Last edited:

Red Bench - Lost & Found, How Independent Ski Areas Around Vermont Are Being Resurrected​

"Panelists include Steve Wood of Ascutney, William Beattie of the Dutch Hill Alliance of Skiers and Hikers, Diana Todd of Hogback Mountain, and Geoff Hatheway of Magic Mountain."

Hatheway talks around the 50 min. mark.
If ya care about the ups & downs of the littler independent places ya might find it an interesting panel discussion.

Last edited:
The Indy Pass for 2024-25 goes off sale on March 18 at midnight (not sure what timezone). There may or may not be any further sales in the fall. Emails and press releases were sent out in the last week after the sale to the public opened up on March 8.

From the FAQ:

Q) What is the 200 Resort Guarantee?
A) If the number of Indy Pass Partner Resorts is less than 200 by November 15, 2024, passholders may request a refund for any unused pass by December 1, 2024, . A passholder can also request a refund for an unused pass by December 1, 2024 if their favorite resort from the 23/24 season does not renew for 24/25.

For my home region, Indy is a slam dunk with the addition of Wintergreen and Wisp, the southeast resorts owned by PGRI. That's the company that bought Jay Peak. Jay stayed on Indy. The other locations in the southeast are Cataloochee in NC (day trip distance from Atlanta), Ober in TN, Massanutten and Bryce in northern CA, and Canaan Valley in WV (a mile from Timberline).

Today is the last day. Get it while you can.

Last edited:
Back