The Indy Pass

My physical Indy Pass came in the mail today. Two of them, actually, in two identical envelopes each with the card with the same Indy ID number on it. Wonder if anyone else got doubles.
I got mine last week. Just one.

Haven't seen any comments about double mailings in the Indy FB Group.

Jackson Hole and Indy Pass - Here's to Independence

"When we heard the news last August that Jackson Hole Mountain Resort was to be sold to local families, we were ecstatic to see one of the premier ski destinations in the world stay independent and family-owned. We are happy to announce a new opportunity for all Indy Passholders to experience Jackson Hole’s legendary terrain.

This season Jackson Hole Mountain Resort will provide 50% off daily lift tickets through its Golden Ticket Program when you show your Indy Pass on select days during the 23/24 season. There are 55 available days spread out over the months of December, January, March, and April. Full details are available here.

Boasting 2,500 skiable acres, nearly 400" of average snowfall per year, and 4,139' vertical, it’s no surprise why Jackson Hole is high on the list for any serious skier or snowboarder. The experience doesn't stop with great skiing—it's also known for its incredible mountain town and friendly western vibes.

The opportunity to take advantage of Jackson Hole’s Golden Ticket Program is a great example of the value Indy Pass continues to bring to our passholders and our collective passion for independent ski resorts of all sizes."

23/24 INDY PASS WAITLIST CLOSES DEC 10

The 23/24 Waitlist will come to a close on December 10, marking the final chance to secure a 23/24 Indy Pass. As space allows, those who have signed up will receive unique purchase codes via email.
Jackson Hole is now on Indy's, Ikon's & Mountain Collective's multipasses.

The Golden Ticket idea for any season pass during early and late season at JH has been around for a while. JH was a co-founder of the Mountain Collective. Offering a 50% discount during slow periods or for additional days for a MCP holder won't add to lines at JH is any significant way.

Since Snow King in Jackson is on Indy, perhaps JH is hoping to get a few more people to spend money at the resort. Although it won't add up to much for someone who only has Indy would be my guess.

I think this can be called a discount program rather than an addition to a multipass. You still need to pay almost a benjamin for a ticket, and only on select days (only 55 available a season).

Which means if you are flying in and skiing for a week, it is likely the discounted rate will not be available for your full week. Might as well have one of the other multipasses, this doesn't make make sense to me.

The Golden Ticket idea for any season pass during early and late season at JH has been around for a while. JH was a co-founder of the Mountain Collective. Offering a 50% discount during slow periods or for additional days for a MCP holder won't add to lines at JH is any significant way.

Since Snow King in Jackson is on Indy, perhaps JH is hoping to get a few more people to spend money at the resort. Although it won't add up to much for someone who only has Indy would be my guess.
My first trip to Jackson I got 50% off lift tix with my Blue season pass

I think this can be called a discount program rather than an addition to a multipass. You still need to pay almost a benjamin for a ticket, and only on select days (only 55 available a season).

Which means if you are flying in and skiing for a week, it is likely the discounted rate will not be available for your full week. Might as well have one of the other multipasses, this doesn't make make sense to me.
Ikon’s can get ya in free.
MC can get ya in free.
Indy gets ya in as a “Golden" with 50% off.
Boehemia has a $99 season pass and they too should qualify as a dang “Golden” too.

Which means if you are flying in and skiing for a week, it is likely the discounted rate will not be available for your full week.
The available dates are continuous. Basically a few days before Christmas through MLK is blacked out for the discount, and then all of Feb through the middle of March is blacked out. So that's a lot blacked out, but if you time your trip when it's available you can use it every day.

Doesn't seem likely to drive many people's pass-purchase decisions but seems like a nice benefit for existing Indy passholders.

Ikon’s can get ya in free.
MC can get ya in free.
Indy gets ya in as a “Golden" with 50% off.
Boehemia has a $99 season pass and they too should qualify as a dang “Golden” too.
Only Full Ikon provides 7 days, Ikon Base Plus is 5 days with blackout dates, Ikon Base is zero. Ikon requires reservations and the number is limited.

MCP includes 2 days, perhaps a 3rd bonus day for someone who plans well in advance, then 50% for any additional days during the same season. MCP doesn't have blackout dates but requires reservations. That means JH can limit the number of MCP reservations.

The Golden Ticket has been for ANY season pass for a while. Can't remember when it started but it was before 2020. So my Massanutten pass could work, as would Bohemia, or an ORDA pass.

What's new is that Indy, which is a multi-resort pass, will qualify as a "season pass" for 50% off when buying a lift ticket.

Screen Shot 2023-12-08 at 5.32.27 PM.png

Doesn't seem likely to drive many people's pass-purchase decisions but seems like a nice benefit for existing Indy passholders.
Especially those who live in the region. During a trip to Utah during late March I chatted with a retired man from Idaho at PowMow who took a trip to Utah using Indy. For someone like him, stopping in Jackson to ski Snow King for a couple days and perhaps a day at JH might well be worth it.

It's not clear JH had anything to do with what Indy sent out. All they did is affirm that their existing Golden Ticket program considers Indy a season pass.

Back