The Indy Pass

May 15, 2024

INDY PASS TO LAUNCH DIGITAL PASS FOR THE 2024/25 SEASON

Select passholders will receive the cell phone-enabled redemption system this fall, and certain partner resorts using Entabeni’s point-of-sale software will have direct-to-lift capabilities.

GRANBY, COLORADO—Indy Pass previewed its latest innovation today, announcing it will release a new digital and interactive Indy Pass in the fall of 2024. The digital pass leverages BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology and is supported by additional secure on-screen redemption options. The technology goes beyond lift access, with self-service functions including waiver, pass photos, experience tracking, and payments.

Indy Pass resort partners that leverage Entabeni’s suite of ski area management applications will be at the forefront of this innovation. They will exclusively participate in direct-to-lift, tap-to-redeem programs, or both. Magic Mountain, Vermont, Beaver Mountain, Utah, and Bluewood, Washington, have confirmed their participation in this cutting-edge technology.

Utilizing new scanning hardware at the participating resorts, Indy passholders selected for the program will have their visits expedited by going directly to the lift or using a faster ticket window process.

“We are not looking at this technology to replace a physical pass on day one, but for most skiers and riders, that will be the future,” reassured Indy Pass Director Erik Mogensen. He added, “Indy Pass is committed to making thoughtful and practical iterations over time. We aim to address many of the challenges in skiing with the help of technology.”

Indy Pass is unique because its hardware and software are designed, built, and supported in-house by parent company Entabeni Systems of Colorado. Entabeni's singular mission is to create B2B and B2C products that keep independent ski areas competitive and viable.

About the Indy Pass -

The Indy Pass is the fastest-growing multi-mountain pass in the world. It offers 200+ Alpine and Nordic resorts across the US, Canada, Europe, and Japan, each providing two days of skiing or riding. Indy resorts are independent of any significant corporate ownership, and many are owned and operated by multi-generational families, providing a uniquely authentic and affordable skiing experience.

INDY PASS TO LAUNCH DIGITAL PASS FOR THE 2024/25 SEASON

Select passholders will receive the cell phone-enabled redemption system this fall, and certain partner resorts using Entabeni’s point-of-sale software will have direct-to-lift capabilities.

GRANBY, COLORADO—Indy Pass previewed its latest innovation today, announcing it will release a new digital and interactive Indy Pass in the fall of 2024. The digital pass leverages BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology and is supported by additional secure on-screen redemption options. The technology goes beyond lift access, with self-service functions including waiver, pass photos, experience tracking, and payments.

Indy Pass resort partners that leverage Entabeni’s suite of ski area management applications will be at the forefront of this innovation. They will exclusively participate in direct-to-lift, tap-to-redeem programs, or both. Magic Mountain, Vermont, Beaver Mountain, Utah, and Bluewood, Washington, have confirmed their participation in this cutting-edge technology.

Utilizing new scanning hardware at the participating resorts, Indy passholders selected for the program will have their visits expedited by going directly to the lift or using a faster ticket window process.
Wonder how many resorts will sign up to check this idea out.

I used the mobile Epic pass with my iPhone in Colorado this past season. Worked pretty well. Ironically the only resort where it didn't work flawlessly was Vail during early season. My ski buddy and I never had a problem at Keystone, Breck, or Crested Butte in March.

I used the Indy Pass card last season. It was quicker to get a lift ticket at a ticket window with that. My name doesn't come up easily doing an alphabetic search.

Ragged is joining the Indy Pass for 2024-25. Not too much of a surprise given that Jay, Wisp, and Wintergreen are other resorts run by PGRI that were already on Indy for next season.

Since I'm in NC, it's of interest that Hatley Pointe will be on Indy. The new owners (was Wolf) hoped to open last season but things didn't come together. I already got Indy as an Add-On for my Massanutten season pass. The list of places in the southeast within a few hours drive from my house or Massanutten include Cataloochee, Hatley Pointe, Wintergreen, Massanutten, Canaan Valley, Winterplace, and Wisp. Also Ober and Bryce, but those are pretty small and make more sense for people skiing with beginners.

People on the Wait List will have a few days in early July to make a purchase. Be interesting to see if public sales happen after that window closes.

EDIT: my friend got a code via text

Last edited:
For future reference . . . waiting to see how long sales stay open after July 4.

There were 10 new resorts added by July 1.
  • Middlebury Snowbowl, VT
  • Ragged Mountain, NH
  • Camden Snow Bowl, ME
  • Mt. Abram, ME
  • Hatley Pointe, NC
  • Cape Smokey, NS
  • Anihari Ski Resort, Japan
  • Nayoro Piyashiri Ski Resort, Japan
  • Palcall Tsumagoi Resort, Japan
  • Maiko Snow Resort, Japan

Screenshot 2024-07-02 at 5.33.55 PM.jpg

People on the Wait List will have a few days in early July to make a purchase. Be interesting to see if public sales happen after that window closes.
No need to be on wait list as of now.
My 24-25 old fart SKI3 was <$ Indy.

Last edited:
My 24-25 old fart SKI3 was <$ Indy.
Indy makes the most sense for people willing to do some driving for weekend skiing (EDIT: assuming still working) at independent ski areas/resorts that are "old school," regardless of what region they live in. Works well if also willing to stay overnight when skiing a bit farther from home in order to use 2-3 days for that driving ski trip. Two days are included and a 3rd day is 25% off.

Note that old school doesn't mean small. Jay Peak is a favorite among New England Indy pass holders. I'm going to use Indy at Tamarack and Brundage during a trip to Idaho next March. Brundage has almost 2000 acres and Tamarack is around 1100 acres with expansion on private land planned.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call Jay "old school" but Indy is a nice alternative to Epic and Ikon

I wouldn't call Jay "old school" but Indy is a nice alternative to Epic and Ikon
Yeah, from what I've read Jay is a destination resort. But the layout of the trails is classic New England, as opposed to Okemo-type groomers, correct? I imagine that the people who make the trek to Jay mean the resort has quite a different vibe than Stowe or Killington or Sugarbush.

I've only made one trip there so def not an expert but it's got both groomers and glades, though it's known for the later. It's pretty developed with a lot of high end amenities like fine dining (stowe) and ski in and out lodging(okemo). Not to mention an indoor water park which looked pretty great for when my kids are older and ready for that kind of a drive.

I've only made one trip there so def not an expert but it's got both groomers and glades, though it's known for the later. It's pretty developed with a lot of high end amenities like fine dining (stowe) and ski in and out lodging(okemo). Not to mention an indoor water park which looked pretty great for when my kids are older and ready for that kind of a drive.
The fact that Massanutten had an indoor water park was a clear plus when I was taking my daughter when she was in elementary school. We often brought along a friend for holiday weekends, and the friend's mother. The friends were beginner skiers but generally enjoyed the water park as part of the weekend fun.

Having a minivan with a video screen for playing DVD movies was handy for the 4-hour 1-way drive back then.

Massanutten was an early adopter for the Indy Pass. I checked out Bryce for the first time because it was on Indy when staying at Mnut for a week. Bryce is smaller and about an hour away from Mnut. Fun for a change of pace. Has a good little restaurant since Bryce is essentially an amenity to the people from DC who own vacation homes there. There is even a tiny airport for small private planes. A fair number of Bryce homeowners are/were in the military. Now that Wintergreen has joined Indy, I'm likely to do a day trip there once in a while. That's an hour drive from Mnut. Haven't been there for quite a while.

Wintergreen and Wisp, along with Ragged and Jay, are owned by PGRI. Fair to say that folks who live in DC/NoVA who get Indy may well make the trek to Jay in the spring after Mid-Atlantic slopes close up.

Back