The Garage Thread: Tractors and UTVs

The hidden fasteners (or whatever they are called) are supposed to last longer. The little rubber gaskets on the exposed are supposed to be replaced every ten years. Builder told me his are 20 years old on his house, and not leaking. Time will tell.

Good design idea putting the gable over the door. Keep from getting pummeled when the snow slides off. 👍

Might make shoveling easier too. There is also a gable on the other side over the third garage door.

Most of the roof is on (everything but the little apron roof), so ol' Harv can chill out a bit. The only thing we are going to do now, on the garage, before dedicating resources 100% to the house, is the siding. I'm in no hurry on that, with the roof on, the building is pretty well protected. With those overhangs the sides are staying dry.

737564224.jpg

It's by a company called ABC Metal Roofing. Charcoal Gray.
It's kind of funny, we thought we were picking out a bunch of different colors, but they are all really gray.
Good design idea putting the gable over the door. Keep from getting pummeled when the snow slides off. 👍
Andrew made a long video of enclosing his shed to a more weatherproof garage.
It’s gray and in the NY hills too.
He went with textured cement siding, big overhang & stamped concrete foundation.

Harv, thought I'd share my latest tractor service bill with you. We were talking about SxS service, but this is fresh in my head.
My bill was $327. It included checking/adjusting all tire pressure, oil change, oil, air, and fuel filters as well. Repairing a deck wheel that had fallen off my deck, as well as a pressure wash of the machine, pick-up and delivery, too.

They aren't too bad to maintain. I have it done once a year. This tractor is 20 yrs old.

Edit to add 2 new plugs

That does seem pretty reasonable.

Siding is on. A bit blue for my taste, it looked grey to me in the sample.

garage - 1.jpeg

Wouldn't paint it before it needs it, 20 years I hope.

Mrs likes it.

Back