The Garage Thread: Tractors and UTVs

Looking pretty snazzy Harv.

I looked it up.

snazzy

The goal was simple and functional.

This has got me pretty excited. I know the Zip is supposed to be good for a while (6 months? @Joneski73?) in the rain, but it's not fully waterproof, it leaks a bit in a real downpour. The siding is the last thing we'll do before directing all funds to the house, but with the overhangs, the siding doesn't get wet at all.

View attachment 24716
I really like the color of that metal. What's the name of the color?

I really like the color of that metal. What's the name of the color?

It's by a company called ABC Metal Roofing. Charcoal Gray.

charcoal grey

It's kind of funny, we thought we were picking out a bunch of different colors, but they are all really gray.

I'm actually liking the fact we went with exposed fastener, based on the builders recommendation. A bit cheaper and maybe fits in, in the neighborhood, a bit better.

Agree on the exposed fasteners. They definitely look dacky. Plus, if it looks good and is cheaper? I'm all in on that!

I'm putting a roof over part of my deck this year. Definitely going charcoal gray. I dig it.

The hidden fasteners (or whatever they are called) are supposed to last longer. The little rubber gaskets on the exposed are supposed to be replaced every ten years. Builder told me his are 20 years old on his house, and not leaking. Time will tell.

This has got me pretty excited. I know the Zip is supposed to be good for a while (6 months? @Joneski73?) in the rain, but it's not fully waterproof, it leaks a bit in a real downpour. The siding is the last thing we'll do before directing all funds to the house, but with the overhangs, the siding doesn't get wet at all.

View attachment 24716
That's sharp.!!

Exposed zip is the dackiest

I say tyvek wins the dak award.

Back