The Garage Thread: Tractors and UTVs

The ridiculous thing is we really don't have much of plan for it. Once I was convinced that trusses were the way to go, it seemed stupid not to use attic trusses, as they were basically the same cost. Obviously the flooring, stairs and wiring add cost.

We will keep our canoes and bikes up there in the winter.

My wife saw those pics and would like to paint (make it an art studio) up there.

Any suggestions that don't involve house guests are welcome! 🤠

Would make a great bar area
Ski room

Both good ideas. There is a workbench in the plans to go next to the stairs, I thought I would do waxing there. But I could use that for regular tools and do ski prep up there.

I also like the bar, but there will be no running water in the building. It's below the septic, and we ain't pumpin $hit.

My wife saw those pics and would like to paint (make it an art studio) up there.

Any suggestions that don't involve house guests are welcome! 🤠
Can ya put a wheel in to spin some mugs, bowls...?
Wife can paint ‘em for ya.

There will be some form of heat, and we will insulate.

Nothing too fancy on the heat for the garage, something to get it above freezing on cold days. Electric.

The roof has got me pretty excited. I know the Zip is supposed to be good for a while (6 months? @Joneski73?) in the rain, but it's not fully waterproof, it leaks a bit in a real downpour. The siding is the last thing we'll do before directing all funds to the house, but with the overhangs, the siding doesn't get wet at all.

garage

Looking pretty snazzy Harv.

Back