The Definitive Solution to the Upstate NY Question

Yeah I figured it’d be too political. Fuck upstate I guess
You are right. Upstate would be fucked without downstate. 70% of NYS income tax comes from Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk and NYC. Albany has constantly uses the MTA money as a piggy bank. NYS would have to make some drastic budget cuts if the NYC metro area counties became a state.

You are right. Upstate would be fucked without downstate. 70% of NYS income tax comes from Westchester, Nassau, Suffolk and NYC. Albany has constantly uses the MTA money as a piggy bank. NYS would have to make some drastic budget cuts if the NYC metro area counties became a state.
We're a hardy bunch. That said I love NYC. One of the best weekends of my life was spent there.
NYS is awesome because of how diverse it is, imo.

1629825765154.jpeg

^^So Saugerties. Upstate. I agree.

Maybe everything north of 84
1629828192326.jpeg

Great shot! ^^If there was a way to make an image the "featured image" of the thread...

Saugerties is definitely Upstate, but VanWyck Lake Road is in Fishkill, and south of I84. Still Upstate.

mm

I googled them looked like HQ was in Tivoli, so I went with Saugerties.

OK, so I grew up in Queens (Howard Beach), and now I live in Poughkeepsie, so I think I have a good understanding. "Upstate" is like "young" and "old" in that it is relative. When you are 20, anyone under 16 is "young" and anyone over 30 is "old". When you are in your 50s, "young" is anyone under 40 (or 45?). So, when I was a Scout and we went camping, we went "upstate" to Sanita Hills in southern Dutchess, and TMR in Sullivan County. Living in Po-town, I drive "down to the City" but "upstate to the Adirondacks". I certainly don't think of myself living upstate, but probably most people south of Tarrytown would say I do.

Back