Sweet Cars and Trucks

I understand that cars like this aren't meant to be daily driven... but to just look at it... well that's not my tax bracket, so I won't understand.

A couple years ago, dude parked a [modern] GT40 at Cambridge Wines. He drove it like he was afraid it would bite him, not the first time I'd seen that. Said he'd never gotten it into 6th gear because he was afraid he'd wreck it.

I've got pix but for some reason the web site doesn't think they're images. @Harvey what should I do.

View attachment 24915
View attachment 24916
I’m not really a sports car guy but may be the coolest looking car in history

5 is a collection in my book.

Maybe. None are museum pieces, and I rotate through them on a regular basis.

Many years ago, in a bar, I struck up a convo with the lead guitarist of the band that was playing. He owned 10 Gibson Les Pauls. Temperature and humidity determined which one(s) he brought to a gig.

The one being sold isn't even a Shelby, rather it's a factory Ford Mustang GT500 Super Snake. MSRP is between 90-120k
Interesting.
Not sure why people think these things are investments and shouldn't be driven. They are basically tarted up Mustang GTs. Yes, there is monster HP, but once you get over 400hp (current 2024 Mustang GT is 480hp) it really is not usable unless you are going to a track. Maybe people think that they are not going to make gas powered Mustangs for much longer.

This one is not following the normal buy and hold. Maybe the owner found something more collectable.

I'm a sports car guy, but I have a thing for station wagons. This right here is a timeless design. Foto from Wikimedia Commons.

Mercedes-Benz-W123-T-Modell-rear_20090430.jpg

Running next week. 22 GT500 Super Snake w/1400 miles. Mystic Purple. What a whip!View attachment 24901
This car had an MSRP of just under 88K.
Hammer down today at 92,300. Sold!

PXL_20240614_145435617.MP~3.jpg

Fun day today. It was the auctions 42nd Anniversary sale today. Tommy Cutlets DeVito was in the house signing autographs. They even gave us chicken cutlets for lunch.🍻

Back