Sweet Cars and Trucks

In other news, I was in a Corvette shop in Florida a few weeks ago and the owner showed me a split window Corvette with an entire new chassis and modern motor. The thing was beautiful inside out top to bottom. According to the shop owner, they started with a complete drivable numbers matching car from Barret Jackson. IIRC she told me they had $300K in the car, and it appraised for $400k. I was shocked that anyone would mess with a numbers matching car, and even more shocked that you could make money doing it. Apparently I don't understand the collector car market at ll.

mm

I'm certain you understand the collector car market. It's all relative. Peeps in that part of the market are extremely wealthy, money is just a thing to them.

That's why I collect shotguns and pocket knives. 😉

Meanwhile, for those of us lusting after another daily, may I present this Morris Minor. Seen in Saranac Lake by Blue Line Brewing.

20240621_101821.jpg
20240621_101757.jpg

Is that some trailer queen replica of something that never existed with a bunch of mods that were never seen back in the day? I don't get the attraction. I'd rather have a real Austin Healey or even a Miata track car.

mm

Look at it another way. Ya can't drive a real Cobra on the road. They're too dang valuable.

It will sit there until I trip across a buyer. You have to do your own work on those cars and I'm not interested.

My former mechanic has a decent business restoring British sports cars. Triumph, MG, Austin Healey etc.

Back