Sweet Cars and Trucks

That's my man Al's shop. I stopped in to see if he could change my wife's oil tomorrow. I seems like he's always working on something cool. I don't know shti about cars, but I can recognize art.

20211119_175835.jpg

My dad had one of these. I doubt it was a champagne edition. It was a farm truck.
One of the football coaches in high school had one of these. It was slower than dirt and rusted out. Those 4 cylinders used to get about 10 mpg. We gave the coach tons of crap for his Scout. He was a good guy and laughed with us. He would drive us home in a pinch and it was a loud and rattley crap show.

My first vehicle was a 68 Scout. Half cab, same 4 cyl with the 3 speed, no OD. Going downhill with the wind pushing you it did 60mph. They were All Wheel Drive, everything locked in. It would go anywhere in the woods. Was an ex plow vehicle for a hospital down by Albany. Even had an air horn on the roof!

My dad had one of these. I doubt it was a champagne edition. It was a farm truck.
Our dad had a mid 60's Scout too in the Red with White top.
Stick shift, cold, noisy, boxy and fun is what I remember.
Got ya from point A to point B pretty much anywhere anytime.

Friend of mine had an International Harvester Travelall. Biggest vehicle I've driven. You could get a whole Everst expedition in that bad boy.

Back