Sweet Cars and Trucks

I've been reading good things about their off road capabilities.
Still not for me;)
Currently driving an F250 w/ the 7.3 --- bad mo-fo iffin you ask me
One not great thing about the Rivian - I believe it weighs the same as a 250 (due to batteries). I will be taking it on soft sand fairly often in the summers. Good thing one of the test drives got to take it on the same beach I fish on (they would not let me do it because, correctly, the permit I have is specific to the car I own - you can port it to a new vehicle).

Also, Camp, I am sure you are busy, but do you have a view on the ATs (20 inches) versus the all purpose (21 inches)?

The 21's should get me about 314 miles of range; 20s will have a 10-15% hit, but if you put it into conserve mode, the hit drops to 300 miles.

I honestly don't think I need the ATs for going onto the soft sand (on my Crv I have all purpose tires, but the CRV is way lighter). However, if I wanted to tackle offroading in the woods etc, I think the ATs would be important for mud, rocks, etc. Over time I will have more free time to get into the woods.

Range hit in cold weather could be as high as 60% of normal range.

Also, Camp, I am sure you are busy,
Not really, just watching an auction that I can't buy anything at. Shit is beyond crazy right now!!
I honestly don't think I need the ATs for going onto the soft sand (on my Crv I have all purpose tires, but the CRV is way lighter). However, if I wanted to tackle offroading in the woods etc, I think the ATs would be important for mud, rocks, etc. Over time I will have more free time to get into the woods.
IMO, it's really up to how you'll be using the truck. For what I do and where I live I couldn't get by without an aggressive tire. Tires make the truck, and you want them to clean out or they're useless. I'm currently running the Cooper AT3 XLT's.

cooper-discoverer-at3-review-compare.jpg

Not really, just watching an auction that I can't buy anything at. Shit is beyond crazy right now!!

IMO, it's really up to how you'll be using the truck. For what I do and where I live I couldn't get by without an aggressive tire. Tires make the truck, and you want them to clean out or they're useless. I'm currently running the Cooper AT3 XLT's.
Cool, I am going to stick with the 20 AT's. They were insane in real life.

Everything About This Turbo Manual Minivan Is Perfect Except The Price - Jalopnik

20211029_222403.jpg

Back