Sweet Cars and Trucks

Just when you think you've seen everything something else happens.
Millenials favorin old Russki cars too.

Millenials favorin old Russki cars too.
That mystifying. For Boomers, Russian and other commie cars were Exhibit A for motivating us to fight Marxism. The V-12 8 series came out while East Germans were still driving Travants. That was the same year the Berlin Wall fell. Coincidence? I think not.

mm

Just when you think you've seen everything something else happens.
This is the definition of insanity by both the seller and the buyer , with the buyer getting an gold star for taking this piece of shyt off the buyer for $18,200 plus fees/transportation.
I hate when any cars are preserved, but preserving a Metro? Now the buyer must continue to store and just look at this thing if they want to preserve the value. Maybe they just want to drive it? But who the eff chooses to drive a Metro? This was a tin can when it was new and even at 18k, it still is a tin can. Can you imagine getting excited about a 1.0 liter 3 cylinder that creates 55 horsepower and 58 lb-ft of torque?

This is the definition of insanity by both the seller and the buyer , with the buyer getting an gold star for taking this piece of shyt off the buyer for $18,200 plus fees/transportation.
I hate when any cars are preserved, but preserving a Metro? Now the buyer must continue to store and just look at this thing if they want to preserve the value. Maybe they just want to drive it? But who the eff chooses to drive a Metro? This was a tin can when it was new and even at 18k, it still is a tin can. Can you imagine getting excited about a 1.0 liter 3 cylinder that creates 55 horsepower and 58 lb-ft of torque?
LMAO!
Same day acceleration! I will say that in our current market 18K doesn't buy much, BUT, as you say, a Metro? I was too was flabbergasted after reading that. Nobody wins with a Metro.

As a kid I loved watching the ice racing on Lac St. Louis off the island of Montreal. The hot picks in those days were the Datsun 510, Austin Mini (original version) and MGBs. Then there were the crazy motorcycles with 2" studs.

I was in Chamonix once while a 24 hour ice race was going on. It was unreal. Insanely loud rally cars were flying around a tight little track right outside the town center. In the morning we checked them out, the speed was mind boggling. We got a nice view of the circuit from above on the Aiguille du Midi tram and went skiing for the day. Came back for apres and they were still going, loud as hell. Had dinner and went partying, forgot all about it. Stumbled out of the All Night Disco at 4 in the morning. “What the hell is that noise?”. Still at it! I’ll never forget that sound echoing off the valley walls. I don’t think they do that there anymore.

20211117_175139.jpg

Back