Sweet Cars and Trucks

The Brockway Truck Museum is in Cortland, NY. They hold an annual truck show in August. Will be August 12-15, 2021. Looks like some of the events are fundraisers for the CNY Living History Museum.

I picked up a flyer at the VA truck show. The trucks are parked on Main Street that Saturday.

Yep, you stole my big truck thunder....lol
We're very proud of our Brockway truck history. When they were being built here in town this place thrived. There are lots of those trucks still being used around here today.

Last edited:
Mack and transportation in general are a big part of our industrial heritage here in the Lehigh Valley, if that's your jam and in the area these are worth checking out as well:

Been to the National Canal Museum. Had a great time!

Will be in Shawnee on Delaware for a few days later this month. I'll keep the Auto Museum in mind.

Yep, you stole my big truck thunder....lol
We're very proud of our Brockway truck history. When they were being built here in town this place thrived. There are lots of those trucks still being used around here today.
Have you seen the truck show? I'm due in Lake Placid on August 18 for the annual North Country School alumni gathering. Wonder if spending the weekend in central NY is worth considering. Hmmm . . .

Have you seen the truck show? I'm due in Lake Placid on August 18 for the annual North Country School alumni gathering. Wonder if spending the weekend in central NY is worth considering. Hmmm . . .
It's been quite a few years but I've certainly been. If you like big trucks it's certainly worth while.

How can you even ask? Of course it is
For me, yes. For the husband who stays home . . . like he does when I go skiing in the winter, that's a different question. Not sure it's a good idea to be away for an extra 4 days to see more big trucks when I already took an unplanned trip for the show in Harrisonburg. I also I went to the Berkshires for a week in June with women friends. Have another driving trip to NYC for my daughter coming up next week (long story).

I'm having a very good time with my RAV4 Prime. 12,000 miles since we picked it up in Nov 2020. :)

Owning a pickup truck came in handy this month. Daughter recently moved into her first unfurnished apartment in Asheville for her last year in college. We had a queen bed that really wasn't being used much.

Took a bit of thinking, but my Eagle Scout husband and I figured out how to load all the bed parts for a 230 mile drive. Ratchet straps were recommended but he likes to use rope. Bottom line is that nothing moved an inch. The box spring is sitting on top of very solid bed boards, which are on top of big eye hooks. So a slightly higher angle than if just on the bed rail.

queen bed in Ranger - 1.jpeg
queen bed in Ranger - 2.jpeg
queen bed in Ranger - 3.jpeg

Back