Sweet Cars and Trucks

That is gorgeous, Peter. It looks a lot like but not quite as sleek as similar vintage Ferraris.

That is gorgeous, Peter. It looks a lot like but not quite as sleek as similar vintage Ferraris.
Marcski the Cisitalia is from ~1948 or 1949, 12 or so years before the above Ferrari. 250 / 275 short wheelbase are among my favorite vehicles. Way outta my tax bracket sadly.

When images have words written across them it means they are owned by an entity that is retaining the rights to them. That ferrari image is owned by a image stock house. Those companies are serious about protecting their intellectual property.

Last year my company paid out 10k to a law firm who threatened to sue us for an image that one of our writers used on the company blog. Some image companies actually have that as their business model. They don't sell images as much as they get "settlements" from people who use images without permission. The goal is to get high rankings for images in SEO and then come after websites showing those images. I'd certainly ask you to pay the penalty, but legally it's me on the hook.

In any case I deleted the ferrari above.

Only post images you took yourself, or you have permission to use.

Marcski the Cisitalia is from ~1948 or 1949, 12 or so years before the above Ferrari. 250 / 275 short wheelbase are among my favorite vehicles. Way outta my tax bracket sadly.

I believe they first made the 250 in 1952. Either way, the Cisitalia was earlier. I also just learned that the Cisitalia, which I admittedly didn't know much about, was designed by PininFarina.

Almost every Ferrari from the 50s with the 3 liter 12 cylinder is referred to as 250 of some type. Some of the earlier ones look a lot like that Cisitalia. I believe the deleted picture was of a later PininFarina bodied car from the early 60s.

mm

Saw this parked in a handicapped spot the other day, but they did have the placard. Not original but a very nice restoration. Guessing mid-late 50s?

IMG_0326.jpg

Back