Sweet Cars and Trucks

here's my real 1980 Bronco...I destroyed it

IMG_2173.JPG

Anyone ever heard of the American Trucking Historical Society? Vintage trucks, mostly over-the-road 18-wheel tractors, plus a few dump trucks, trailers, and antique pickups. They have an annual Conference and Truck Show that moves around the country. Has been held in Syracuse.

The 3-day ATHS show was at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds near Harrisonburg, VA in early June. I met up with my North Country School classmate. He's my daughter's godfather and afterwards we drove to Asheville, NC for a quick visit before he flew home. He's been in the trucking business since his early 20s and owns/operates a small speciality flatbed company in Oregon. I know enough about the flatbed trucking business (long story) and had a good time walking around looking at big trucks for a few hours with a personal guide. There were trucks from all over N. America, mostly from east of the Rockies.

He has a family connection to the early years of the Mack company.
ATHS Harrisonburg 2021 - 1.jpeg

The truck he drove to Harrisonburg from the truck museum in Richmond.
ATHS Harrisonburg 2021 - 3.jpeg

Every truck at the show gets the custom chock of the year
ATHS Harrisonburg 2021 - 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone ever heard of the American Trucking Historical Society? Vintage trucks, mostly over-the-road 18-wheel tractors, plus a few dump trucks, trailers, and antique pickups. They have an annual Conference and Truck Show that moves around the country. Has been heard in Syracuse.

The 3-day ATHS show was at the Rockingham County Fairgrounds near Harrisonburg, VA in early June. I met up with my North Country School classmate. He's my daughter's godfather and afterwards we drove to Asheville, NC for a quick visit before he flew home. He's been in the trucking business since his early 20s and owns/operates a small speciality flatbed company in Oregon. I know enough about the flatbed trucking business (long story) and had a good time walking around looking at big trucks for a few hours with a personal guide. There were trucks from all over N. America, mostly from east of the Rockies.

He has a family connection to the early years of the Mack company.
View attachment 9737

The truck he drove to Harrisonburg from the truck museum in Richmond.
View attachment 9739

Every truck at the show gets the custom chock of the year
View attachment 9738
I missed this.....that is cool stuff!!!!

I missed this.....that is cool stuff!!!!
Never occurred to me that there would be truck shows like this all over the U.S. Turns out there are ATHS chapters in NY too, although most are in the midwest or along the Pacific coast. We found out after leaving Harrisonburg that my schoolmate's friend from central NC brought up a truck that used to be part of a big tow truck. Pretty cool story how his son found the truck in 2019 years after it had been sold when the towing business was shut down. Had a chance to see that last weekend (another long story).

A-1 Kenworth - 2.jpeg

A-1 Kenworth - 1.jpeg

There is a chapter show at the Long Branch Park in Liverpool just outside Syracuse this weekend, July 11.

Screen Shot 2021-07-08 at 6.18.36 PM.png

Last edited:
Back