Sweet Cars and Trucks

I've been at this car biz thing for a long, long, long time and today I saw a first. The 2021 Ram TRX Launch Edition truck is basically sold out at dealerships and they are in HIGH demand. The trucks have an MSRP in the upper 70K. i just watched one, at a dealer auction, that sold for $105,000. I'm still amazed. When this sucker crashes, and it will, I hope to steer very clear of it.
Why is the demand so high?

It's a cool looking truck but why is it 70k to begin with?

Why is the demand so high?
Limited production to begin with, then add in manufacturing issues due to the lack of microchips
It's a cool looking truck but why is it 70k to begin with?
Because people don't use trucks as trucks. Anyone who buys this thing won't be taking it out into the woods for firewood, or across a cornfield to go turkey hunting. They'll drive it to work. I'd love to drive one, the thing has a million HP and a zillion FP of torque. I bet you can roast the rear tires right off of the thing.

Limited production to begin with, then add in manufacturing issues due to the lack of microchips

Because people don't use trucks as trucks. Anyone who buys this thing won't be taking it out into the woods for firewood, or across a cornfield to go turkey hunting. They'll drive it to work. I'd love to drive one, the thing has a million HP and a zillion FP of torque. I bet you can roast the rear tires right off of the thing.
Having driven a 700hp vehicle..Scary doesn't begin to describe the feeling when you stomp on the gas. It the wrong hands these vehicles are dangerous.

Its cool looking . I always thought owning a UNIMOG would be the cats ass !
I love Unimogs. If I played the lottery and won, would likely buy a Dog before buying any kind of hot rod.

@jasonwx I tried driving a friend's Toyota Supra years ago. It was hotrodded AF with 1000 horsepower. I couldn't engage the clutch, and I've driven manual all my life.

Having driven a 700hp vehicle..Scary doesn't begin to describe the feeling when you stomp on the gas. It the wrong hands these vehicles are dangerous.

No doubt. There's always a story ot there of someone who buys a supercar then wraps it around a tree on the way home. Just like this truck, just because you can doesn't mean you should. I can't image paying 100K +++++++ for something that doesn't have a basement.

This hybrid looks nice and goes fast quickly.
V-12 0-60 under 3 seconds and tops out over 200mph with 800 horses. It's over $2mil.
The Sian by Lamborghini.

LOL -- There's a 2019 McLaren 570 running tomorrow with a salvaged title ---- still estimated to bring $160,000

Back