Sweet Cars and Trucks

I really don't get those kind of cars at those prices. You can't use even half the power on the street, there's nowhere you can race them and they're too expensive for weekend track days. Even a replica Cobra is more expensive and probably not a better track car than a modified 90's BMW or Miata. What's the point?

mm

I really don't get those kind of cars at those prices. You can't use even half the power on the street, there's nowhere you can race them and they're too expensive for weekend track days. Even a replica Cobra is more expensive and probably not a better track car than a modified 90's BMW or Miata. What's the point?

mm

Collectors
Investors
all with major coin --- happens everyday, everywhere

Collectors
Investors
all with major coin --- happens everyday, everywhere
I know, but I don't get collecting. Even fine art is a loser as an investment. It doesn't generate current income or cash flow and it's expensive to maintain.

IMO you should never buy a car that you can't afford to drive like you stole it.

mm

The guy paid 5.4 mil for Caroll Shelby's Cobra and never even flinched. He will most definitely be ripping hard on that thing!

Last edited:
I know, but I don't get collecting. Even fine art is a loser as an investment. It doesn't generate current income or cash flow and it's expensive to maintain.

IMO you should never buy a car that you can't afford to drive like you stole it.

mm
Car collecting isn't about investment gains or losses.

It's about love of certain cars.

I think the "investment" value of cars is just something you tell your wife when she asks why you spent so much money. Most "collector" cars are just ordinary nice cars that you wanted when you were in middle school. When those 12 year olds age out, nobody wants them anymore. If that's true, the value of muscle cars is gonna crash the same day they switch from classic rock to hip hop in the Gore base lodge.
Still, I don't get collecting things, unless "collecting" means using them until they are broken.

mm

Still, I don't get collecting things, unless "collecting" means using them until they are broken.

mm

I hear ya. It def isn't for everyone but I enjoy it. Like I've said before I have a collection, albeit small, of Belgium made Browning A5's. I like to look at them, clean them, and shoot them. One thing I enjoy most about them is how each of them came to be in my possession, they all have a story behind them.

Back