Sweet Cars and Trucks

Hey Camp, what’s the ballpark for a crew cab, long wheel base 4x4, lowest trim package?

Funny how a bunch of these cars are going back to pushbutton tranny's --- we had that crap in the 50's
When I was a youngster, our next door neighbor (a Marine who survived the initial landing on Iwo Jima) bought a used 1961 Chrysler 300G with the cross ram 413 wedge engine and a 3 speed pushbutton automatic. The 300 was beautiful, inside and out. The buttons were to the left of the steering wheel. He had 2 boys and the younger one was one of my closest friends. He used let us climb over his seat to press the transmission buttons occasionally to put the car in park or drive. That car was fast. It was also the car the drove us to Campgaw every other Saturday for skiing /lessons. Our parents started dropping us off when we were in 3rd grade at 8 in the morning. They would come back at 4pm. The other Campgaw car was my dad's - a 1962 Chevy impala 4 door with a 327 4 barrel and an automatic, also a fast ride, but more of a sleeper.

I cannot imagine either of these 2 ever buying a minivan. Even when my Dad bought the big GM wagons from Chevy or Buick, they would have the massive 454/455 engines.

Rt on!

My dad, same thing. He had an Olds Custom Cruiser wagon with the 455 Rocket. What great motors. Would love to have a square body Chev pickup with a big block in it.

i just test drove a 2019 pathfinder. it was by far my favorite vehicle in that class. could not pull trigger on it due to transmission issues. had no confidence in it. wound up buying 6 cylinder santa fe. hope it can pull my boat and eventual trailer.

1962 Chevy impala 4 door with a 327 4 barrel and an automatic, also a fast ride, but more of a sleeper.

You should hear my dad talk about the "old car" he had in college. 1957 Chev 2dr hardtop, blue with a white top and white in the fins, stock spinner wheels, and a 283. When he graduated college he couldn't wait to get rid of that thing and get a "sports car", which he did, Chevelle SS. Who would've thought. We laugh about that all the time. If only we could predict the future.

i just test drove a 2019 pathfinder. it was by far my favorite vehicle in that class. could not pull trigger on it due to transmission issues. had no confidence in it. wound up buying 6 cylinder santa fe. hope it can pull my boat and eventual trailer.

Yep, that CVT ruined the Finder for me. Now I'm real curious to check that 22 out.

You should hear my dad talk about the "old car" he had in college. 1957 Chev 2dr hardtop, blue with a white top and white in the fins, stock spinner wheels, and a 283. When he graduated college he couldn't wait to get rid of that thing and get a "sports car", which he did, Chevelle SS. Who would've thought. We laugh about that all the time. If only we could predict the future.
My dad had a Hudson. He still claims it’s the fastest car he ever owned. I’m confident I got my Safari to higher speeds then he ever got his Hudson to.

Back