Spring Weather 2023

Wish I was there just to experience and see this massive snow fall
I'm a bit glad my trip starts with a stay in SLC for a few nights. Hoping to get to Brighton tomorrow afternoon since my flight lands at 11am and my ski buddy is picking us up at the airport.

I know a family from DC with two young kids who arrived at Alta Lodge on Sunday, April 2, just before the storm started. Heard they enjoyed a few hours of skiing off Sunnyside on Monday. Parents got in a run or two off Collins during lunch. First time the kids have seen more than a few inches of snow on ski slopes. The parents expected Interlodge but I bet they are glad Alta Lodge has a Kids' Club program that covers 4:30-8:15.

I'm a bit glad my trip starts with a stay in SLC for a few nights. Hoping to get to Brighton tomorrow afternoon since my flight lands at 11am and my ski buddy is picking us up at the airport.

I know a family from DC with two young kids who arrived at Alta Lodge on Sunday, April 2, just before the storm started. Heard they enjoyed a few hours of skiing off Sunnyside on Monday. Parents got in a run or two off Collins during lunch. First time the kids have seen more than a few inches of snow on ski slopes. The parents expected Interlodge but I bet they are glad Alta Lodge has a Kids' Club program that covers 4:30-8:15.
"As avalanche mitigation efforts continue in the canyons, Snowbird and Alta are approaching nearly 45 hours on an interlodge order after the order went into effect at 9 p.m. on Monday, April 3."

A few more pictures and video clips in this article from late afternoon on April 5. The BCC road opened shortly after 5pm. Brighton and Solitude should be open on Thursday morning. LCC got more snow and there is far more slide debris on the road to deal with. There are over 60 known slide paths over Hwy 210.

April 5, 2023

Apparently the slide shown in this video came down and went over a ridge before leaving snow and debris in multiple places on the road. There are 10+ slides that UDOT has to clean up already, not counting what might be needed after avalanche mitigation efforts before the LCC road re-opens. The term being used by UDOT is "unprecedented."

Back