Song Conditions

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
1671051956337.png

First time to Song this year and day #3 skiing.
Met the usual suspects and we skied 10-1 or so.
There were shadows from the sun but the sky never went blue, mid 20s no wind.
IMG_0097.jpeg

2 ways down from the top.
Bali was MG FG and snow was pretty deep, no ice or hard pack. The other trail was fun too but had a few crumbly nodules that were getting broken up.
Never saw a dang boarder the whole time & can’t really remember the last time that happened but it’s been awhile. Multi decades.
Fun skiing day. with lots of laughs.
The ancillary

Last edited:
First time to Song this year and day #3 skiing.
Met the usual suspects and we skied 10-1 or so.
There were shadows from the sun but the sky never went blue, mid 20s no wind.
View attachment 17307
2 ways down from the top.
Bali was MG FG and snow was pretty deep, no ice or hard pack. The other trail was fun too but had a few crumbly nodules that were getting broken up.
Never saw a dang boarder the whole time & can’t really remember the last time that happened but it’s been awhile. Multi decades.
Fun skiing day. with lots of laughs.
The ancillary

Good stuff Tski
Thanks Warp. Good luck when ya come over to The Cuse.
One of the weirder things about the short trip to go skiing yesterday was the dang smell from the dead skunk on the side of the road next to a field where a liquid manure truck was spreading in the Otisco Valley. No wind either.
Woulda pulled over and snapped a pic but it wasn’t a pleasant place at that time smell wise.
Once I went over the divide to Song ya couldn’t smell it anymore.
Vail sure ain’t gonna build their fancy hotels down there anytime soon.

Last edited:
She looks a lot more like she does now than she did.
1674485427600.png

Reporting 8” new ❄️.
Both Lab & Song.

Last edited:
Skied Song from opening at ten till one.
29F and never got warmer, light wind but a couple gusts, no waiting in a lift line. About 8” new with no crust.
Flat light, my friend said there was better snow visibility in the pow cause ya could see tracks.
Very light flurries were in the air.

Took a pic on my last run when I stopped for once. It ain’t black and white it just looks that way sometimes.
IMG_0111.jpeg

Allegedly, a patroller asked my friend politely, "Can ya try to ski on the open trails?”. His consigliere brother gave a quick, “No”.

Fun day with the usual suspects as always. Might doit again tomorrow.

Allegedly, a patroller asked my friend politely, "Can ya try to ski on the open trails?”. His consigliere brother gave a quick, “No”.

Fun day with the usual suspects as always. Might doit again tomorrow.
The usual suspects are booting up now and it’s snowing.
Trail report says:
"Song Mountain will be open Wednesday, January 25th from 10 AM to 9 PM with 2 lifts serving 8+ trails."
If ya look on the trail report only 7 have a ✅.
Must be the extra 1+ just means more.
Snowing now and calling for at least 3” new.
Might go later today after it snows, night skiing will have better visibility with the direct rays.

Back